Wolf is a playable character. Born in Sweden, he was a law-abiding citizen for most of his thirty-two years in life. He has a wife and two children. As of Payday 2, he is 34 years old. He wears the white and red demon mask, and is voiced by Ulf Andersson.
Wolf raised his family in Stockholm until the economic slump in the 2000's. Wolf's software development company lost many clients, continuing with only one client who had cold feet and withheld payments.
Wolf took personal loans to appease the client and keep the project afloat, but the client had already decided to pull out. His company became bankrupt and his family homeless.
Web SeriesEditUlf Andersson is a Swedish lead game designer at Overkill Software. He is known for co-founding Grin, a Swedish game company with his brother Bo Andersson (CEO of Starbreeze studios). Andersson is also the co-founder of Overkill Software. In the Payday: Web Series he is known for playing his character Wolf, he is the only character in the web series to be inspired, voiced, and acted by Andersson himself. There is little information about his life outside the Payday Crew in the Web Series. Wolf is now acted by Christian Hicks. During the first two episodes Wolf was credited as himself.
- Just as Payday was influenced by the movie Heat, so is Wolf.
- He wears a black suit during heists, regardless of armor.
- He is voiced by and modeled after Ulf Andersson, the game designer of Overkill Software. "Ulf" is a common Swedish name, meaning Wolf in old Swedish.
- Wolf has a tendency to give Hoxton nicknames when he interacts with him, nicknames being; Hoxtilicious, Hoxtitron, El Hoxo, Hoxtinator Hoxtimo, Hox, Hoxtinite and Hoxifier.
- Wolf also appears to be the only player character not to wear a clown mask, wearing instead a white and red demon-like mask.
- When in a tight spot, Wolf will sometimes speak Swedish.
- Wolf's voice actor, Ulf Andersson, also voices the crew's helicopter pilot Alex.
- During development, the following nicknames were scrapped: The Swede, Svensken (The Swede in Swedish) or Shotgun Kjell (pronounced as "Shotgun Shell" but "Kjell" is a typical Swedish name).
- Each character was originally named by nationality, and Wolf appears as "German" in the game files.
- Wolf is depicted as the "Technician" in PAYDAY: The Heist's "Upgrades" menu, and again in PAYDAY 2.
- Wolf's background was depicted from Overkill Software's old software company GRIN which the owners of Overkill formed.
- Wolf seems to have a deep fear for special units, often shrieking out their names when he spots them. This goes especially for cloakers (while calling them out, he might add in that they travel in groups). He also shows the greatest amount of satisfaction and relief out of anyone else in the team when he kills a special unit.
- Wolf is always depicted wielding shotguns, such as in the menu backgrounds, trailers, and the web series.
- The song that Wolf is sometimes singing when finishing a heist is "Seger är vår!" (Victory is ours!) A celebrating jingle used in Scandinavia during sports event.
- Wolf seems to have extensive knowledge of technology. In Undercover, when the IRS system is being hacked, the hack reads "WolfRoot." In Counterfeit, he proclaims, "Damn, a Franz-Jaeger" when inspecting the safe.
- Franz-Jaeger is a reference to the Swedish movie series Jönssonligan, a series of heist-movies in which the safes and security systems are often said to be made by this fictitious Berling-based company.
- Wolf is the most aggressive out of the team concerning hostages that are attempting to run, swearing at them and threatening to kill them when he orders them to lie down.
- Sometimes at the beginning of Mallcrasher Heist, Bain will say, "This is strictly material, not personnel damage. This means you, Wolf," referencing Wolf's predisposition towards violence.
- Sometimes at the beginning of Nightclub Heist, Bain will say, "and Wolf... stay off the dancefloor."
- In a teaser image for Payday 2, Wolf was shown with hair, which went against Wolf's original bald design. When the web series teaser trailer was released on May 23rd, 2013, Wolf can be seen putting on a wig over his head before putting his mask on. This is the same set of hair that he was seen with in the teaser image.
- Wolf is the only crew member whose face was never shown in the web series.
|PAYDAY: The Heist|
|Heists|| First World Bank • Heat Street • Panic Room • Green Bridge • Diamond Heist • Slaughterhouse|
Counterfeit • Undercover • No Mercy
|Weapons|| Primary: AMCAR-4 • Reinbeck • M308 • Brenner 21 • AK|
Secondary: Mark 11 • Locomotive 12 G • Compact-5 • GL40
Pistols: B9-S • Crosskill .45 • Bronco .44 • STRYK
|Deployables||Ammo bag • Doctor bag • Trip mine • Sentry gun|
|Enemies|| Regular: Security guard • Cop • FBI • Gangster • Blue SWAT • Sniper • Heavy SWAT • Murkywater|
|Characters||Dallas • Hoxton • Wolf • Chains • Bain • Minor characters|
|Walkthroughs|| First World Bank • Heat Street • Panic Room • Green Bridge • Diamond Heist • Slaughterhouse|
Counterfeit • Undercover • No Mercy
|Gameplay||Cable ties • Overkill 145+ • Reputation • Shout • Upgrades|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements • Challenges • Companies • DLC • Masks • Options • Overkill Software • Update history|
|Heists||Bank Heist • Big Oil • Diamond Store • Firestarter • Four Stores • Framing Frame • Jewelry Store • Mallcrasher • Nightclub • Rats • Ukrainian Job • Watchdogs|
|Escapes||Cafe • Garage • Street • Overpass • Park|
|Armor||Two-Piece Suit • Ballistic Vest • Lightweight Ballistic Vest • Heavy Ballistic Vest • Flak Jacket • Combined Tactical Vest • Improved Combined Tactical Vest|
|Skills||Mastermind • Enforcer • Technician • Ghost|
|Enemies|| Regular: Security Guard • Metropolitan Police • SWAT Team • FBI: Hostage Rescue Unit • FBI: Heavy Response Unit • Special Ops: Maximum Force Responder • GenSec Elite SWAT Team • Gangs|
|Characters|| Heisters: Chains • Dallas • Hoxton • Wolf|
|Gameplay||Assets • Cable Ties • Death Wish • Infamy • Pro Job • Reputation • Risk Level • Safe house • Safes • Offshore Account • Weapon stats • Weapons|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements • DLC • Masks • Materials • Patterns • Overkill Software • Update history|