|Melee Type||Weapon • Blunt|
|Unequip Delay||0.6 seconds|
|Attack Rate||0.6 seconds|| 100 hits per minute|
3,000 dmg per minute
|Attack Delay||0 seconds|
|Damage per Second||30||90||150||180||240|
|Internal name|| |
In armed robberies, beating the victims with firearms is usually more common than to shoot or stab them. You usually either Buttstroke someone with a rifle or pistol-whip them with a handgun.
This is the quickest melee attack.
Weapon Butt is a melee option available in PAYDAY 2. It is available to players at any reputation.
Weapon Butt is one of the weakest melee weapons and can not be charged, but it has the quickest reset time as the player does not need to put away his weapon and possesses no attack delay.
- When facing against Shields, it is advisable for players with Shock and Awe Aced to stick with the weapon butt due to the lack of cool down time when compared with other melee weapons.
- If a player wishes for more damage, it is recommended they get Berserker and ace Pumping Iron from the Fugitive skill tree.
- If a player wishes for more knockdown, it is recommended they ace Martial Arts from the Fugitive skill tree.
- As the fastest melee option, it is viable for cancelling a reload, especially for weapons with lengthy reload times. However, sprinting for a split second can achieve a similar effect.
- The weapon butt is useful for rapidly smashing multiple display cases (or other breakable objects) in a short period of time thanks to its exceptionally rapid followup speed.
- If one were to add the Bayonet onto the Nagant, it has a special effect if using the Weapon Butt: Instead of using the weapons "butt," it uses the bayonet, which is essentially a Weapon Butt with better stats.
- Being part of a weapon's default animation, the Weapon Butt itself does not have an unique inventory icon, rather the image of it is represented by those of the player's respective primary and secondary weapons (that will be used in the melee animation).
- Despite the name, the Weapon Butt's attack animation does not always involve hitting one's enemies with the stock of their gun. In fact, in some cases the point of impact can be anything but the stock, up to and including the muzzle and magazine.
- Performing a Weapon Butt attack will always connect even if the equipped weapon doesn't have a stock (anymore). This can best be observed when using a weapon equipped with a mod that removes the entire stock from the model.