|Melee Type||Weapon • Blunt|
|Unequip Delay||0.6 seconds|
|Attack Rate||0.6 seconds|| 100 hits per minute|
3,000 dmg per minute
|Attack Delay||0 seconds|
|Damage per Second||30||90||150||180||240|
|Internal name|| |
In armed robberies, beating the victims with firearms is usually more common than to shoot or stab them. You usually either Buttstroke someone with a rifle or pistol-whip them with a handgun.
This is the quickest melee attack.
Weapon Butt is a melee option available in PAYDAY 2. It is available to players at any reputation.
Weapon Butt has the quickest reset time as the player does not need to put away their weapon and possesses no attack delay.
- It is recommended that players prepare a charge before attacking enemies.
- If a player wishes for more damage, it is recommended that they get Berserker, Pumping Iron and Bloodthirst Aced from the Brawler skill tree.
- If a player wishes for more knockdown, use Martial Arts Aced.
- As the fastest melee option, it is viable for cancelling a reload, especially for weapons with lengthy reload times. However, sprinting for a split second can achieve a similar effect.
- The weapon butt is useful for rapidly smashing multiple display cases (or other breakable objects) in a short period of time thanks to its exceptionally rapid followup speed.
- If one were to add the Bayonet onto the Nagant, it has a special effect if using the Weapon Butt: Instead of using the weapons "butt," it uses the bayonet, which is essentially a Weapon Butt with better stats.
- The Weapon Butt uses what looks to be the stock of an AMR-16 as its inventory icon.
- Despite the name, the Weapon Butt's attack animation does not always involve hitting one's enemies with the stock of their gun. In fact, in some cases the point of impact can be anything but the stock, up to and including the muzzle and magazine.
- Performing a Weapon Butt attack will always connect even if the equipped weapon doesn't have a stock (anymore). This can best be observed when using a weapon equipped with a mod that removes the entire stock from the model.