|Role|| Crime.net Contractor|
|Also known as||Locke|
|Voiced by||Ian Russell|
Born in South Africa, educated at Lincoln Laboratory, trained under MI5, and now employed by Murkywater. Vernon Locke heads their special cyberwarfare division, which has been tasked with infiltrating and destroying Crime.net. Locke has managed this. However, being a mercenary with no loyalties that extra money couldn't bend, Locke sees this as an opportunity. An opportunity to get rich, and cause a little chaos. He has reached out to Bain and the Payday gang. The deal? Work with him, or he brings Crime.net down forever. And he already has a couple of jobs for you...
- Locke is the only contractor to not have a live action portrayal thus far.
- Locke is one of the two contractors to directly assist the crew during a heist, the second being Jimmy, the second contractor to appear in a heist in person, the first being Hector and the third being Jimmy, and the third contractor to give the players instructions throughout his heists, preceded by Bain and Vlad, but unlike Vlad, who would simply give instructions alongside Bain in every contract after and including Meltdown, he instructs the crew alone throughout the entirety of the Beneath the Mountain heist, with Bain only coming in after the heist is finished.
- Like The Elephant, Vernon Locke currently does not have an entry in the FBI Files' Clown Case folder, possibly due to his affiliation with Murkywater. As such, despite him visually assisting the PAYDAY crew, he manages to evade suspicion.
- Locke can purportedly bring down Crime.net at the simple push of a button.
- Like The Butcher, Vernon Locke was introduced into PAYDAY 2 with a pair of heists packed into a single DLC as a collaborative effort between Overkill Software and another company. Additionally, at the time being, both exclusively give out DLC-only heists.
- Locke appears to be skilled in the field of avionics, as he serves as the crew's getaway pilot and provides aerial support to lift the money pallets in Birth of Sky.
- Despite Locke being South African, his accent is not that of a native Afrikaans speaker. Rather, his accent sounds more similar to the New Zealand Maoris.
- He tends to curse quite often, more than the most of the other contractors.
- It is hinted Locke has the same monitoring privileges as Bain, as Locke is able to recognize very specific details despite not being present with the crew. Some examples include him leaving remarks on the death of the logistics officer and the diner keycard in Birth of Sky.
- Though not involved, Locke is mentioned in Murky Station of the Hardcore Henry heists, thus Locke's heists take place before Jimmy was introduced to the PAYDAY gang.
- In the Heat Street remake, Locke is more directly involved for tipping off the PAYDAY crew of Matt's intentions and assists them to retrieve him to safety away from the police.