THIS IS A GAGE HISTORICAL PACK ITEM!
|Melee Type||Knife • Sharp|
|Unequip Delay||1.2 seconds|
|Attack Rate||0.3 seconds|| 150 hits per minute|
4,500 dmg per minute
|Attack Delay||0.1 second|
|Damage per Second||60||150||210||300||360|
|Internal name|| |
A favorite among British Commandos, the Trench Knife is great at inflicting slashing cuts. A very popular knife, it remains in use and production today.
The Trench Knife is a straight upgrade from Nova's Shank. Like the shank, it deals out an average amount of damage per hit. The weapon strikes quickly, on par with the shank, with the relatively low damage being a minor problem due to being able to strike several times where a knife would only manage a single swing. However, the Trench Knife has better range.
The Switchblade released in the later Golden Grin Casino DLC has nearly the exact same stats as the Trench Knife, but with a faster unequip delay and an earlier unlock level, at 24, obsoleting the Trench Knife.
- It is recommended that players prepare a charge before attacking enemies.
- If a player wishes for more damage, it is recommended that they get Berserker, Pumping Iron and Bloodthirst Aced from the Brawler skill tree.
- If a player wishes for more knockdown, use Martial Arts Aced.
| Special Operations Execution|
Kill 25 enemies while in stealth using the Trench knife. Unlocks the Red Bear mask, Short Barrel, Suppressed Barrel, Short Mag, Folded Stock, No Stock, Solid Stock, Heatsinked Suppressed Barrel for the Patchett L2A1 submachine gun, Barrel Sight 44, Damper.L 44 Nozzle for the Broomstick pistol, “Red Sun” material and “Death Dealer” pattern.
- The Trench Knife was based on the Fairbairn–Sykes fighting knife.
- A trench knife is a type of blade that was specifically designed for trench warfare, often intended to be used as a thrusting or jabbing tool than a slashing one. Some of the more famous models even had integral brass knuckles.