|The Spear of Freedom|
THIS IS A GAGE HISTORICAL PACK ITEM!
|Melee Type||Flag • Sharp|
|Unequip Delay||1.3 seconds|
|Attack Rate||0.9 seconds|| 48 hits per minute|
3,360 dmg per minute
|Attack Delay||0.35 seconds|
|Damage per Second||0||70||140||210||280|
|Internal name|| |
Thirteen stripes of red alternating with white, a blue rectangle in the canton, fifty small, white, five-pointed stars, a pinch of patriotism, two cups of freedom a broken flag pole.(sic) Voilà - you have yourself a deadly weapon.
The Spear of Freedom is an incredibly powerful melee weapon. It is similar to the other heavy melee weapons, but has a faster charge time, surpassing the Shinsakuto Katana's charged DPS, making it a very good choice against enemies with high amounts of health.
However, it is a poor weapon of choice against groups of enemies, due to its slow attack rate. It is advised to use The Spear of Freedom against isolated targets and refrain from using the melee weapon on groups.
- It is recommended that players prepare a charge before attacking enemies.
- If a player wishes for more damage, it is recommended that they get Berserker, Pumping Iron and Bloodthirst Aced from the Brawler skill tree.
- If a player wishes for more knockdown, use Martial Arts Aced.
- The spear's high uncharged damage makes it ideal for quickly finishing off wounded enemies if a player is low on total ammo, needs to reload, or wishes to conserve ammunition when using a weaker weapon. If you run a setup that consumes a lot of ammo or are carrying a saw, it should be considered for the inevitability of running dry.
- Due to the Spear's long range and slow attack, it is recommended to use it as a lance: hit the attack button while standing at medium distance to an enemy and starts running towards them, the slow hit ensures that the Spear tip will connect as soon as the player comes within range. Charging the attack is even more effective and can take down up to Maximum Force Responders in one successful hit.
- To deal maximum damage, it is recommended that players prepare a charge before attacking enemies. However, the spear's already high uncharged damage and extremely long charge time make it a viable strategy to refrain from charging melee attacks.
- The weapon is a flag pole with an American flag draped over it, used as a makeshift spear.
- It is the only weapon of American origin that was included in the Gage Historical Pack.