|Fugitive: Revenant||Tier 3|
|Basic (3 pt): Instead of getting downed instantly, you gain the ability to keep fighting for 3 seconds with a 60% movement penalty before going down.|
|Ace (6 pt): Increases the duration for Swan Song by 6 seconds. Ammunition won't be depleted while the effect is active.|
As noted, Swan Song allows players to continue fighting for a brief period of time once health is depleted, acting as a temporary sort of "invulnerability mode" (at the cost of speed) before finally collapsing. Upon losing all health, the perk icon appears in the centre of the health ring, which turns blue and depletes until the time expires and the player is incapacitated. Whilst the penalty caps all movement, players are still able to sprint (albeit at 40% speed).
At its basic level, players only have three seconds to continue fighting, whereas aced players have a total of nine seconds and bottomless magazines. The ammo effect is identical to Bullet Storm, allowing for spam attacking with single- and burst-fire weapons, and for continuous spraying with automatic weapons; also like Bullet Storm, it has no effect on the OVE9000, GL40, Piglet, or the HRL-7.
Additionally, players can continue to act as normal until collapse, meaning standard interactions can be performed provided they can be completed within the brief time window. Trying to use a Doctor Bag or First Aid Kit will not work, as the health bar is already empty. Trying to do so will display a message, "You Are Not Long For This World!"
It should be noted that this skill is only triggered by typical enemy damage, caused by gun damage and standard melee attacks. As a result, the following will not trigger it:
- Being downed by a Cloaker kick or Taser shock, as health does not decrease to zero; being shocked during Swan Song simply cancels the effect.
- Taking environmental damage, such as falling from a fatal height or being incapacitated by fire damage, does not trigger the skill despite health reaching zero.
- Being downed by friendly fire, such as a grenade blast, still causes an instant down. If Swan Song is already in effect, friendly fire will end it prematurely.
Provided they can go down once more, players near collapse can cause significant harm to enemies by pushing towards them; for example, a Bulldozer becomes a much lesser threat when collapsing is inevitable and magazines are bottomless, allowing for large damage before succumbing. This can also be applied to groups of common enemies if a user has a fully automatic weapon, as upon being killed, they can provide invaluable ammo drops.
Conversely, the skill can allow for more defensive moves, such as using the skill to retreat into cover where you can be revived. With the skill aced, you can also revive a fallen teammate (six seconds out of nine) but players must be close enough or use Inspire due to the speed penalty.
Further, the skill can be used as an alternative to Die Hard, allowing for several primary weapon hits before having to swap to secondary; as such, it works especially well with Pistol Messiah. Additionally, the skill is complemented by several damage-based perks: under the right circumstances, Enforcer skills like aced Berserker, aced Shotgun Impact, and basic Underdog can cause devastating damage.
To maximize the usefulness of the skill, it is strongly recommended that the player bring weapons with high damage and rate of fire so that the player can deal the most damage possible while they still have no reloads and health. The Judge, Clarion, STRYK 18c, and Peacemaker .45, along with many LMGs and SMGs, are all ideal candidates due to their high damage per second.
Though it is not possible to use Doctor Bags and First Aid Kits while under Swan Song, users can still place the deployables for others to use before becoming incapacitated, which can act as a trump card. However, should one interact with the aforementioned doctor bag RIGHT before Swan Song is activiated, the user will still be able to reset their bleedout time (though one is subtracted automatically and some health is still lost upon going down as this does not revert Swan Song itself).
- Although players are invulnerable while under the effects of Swan Song, it is possible to enter bleed out before the timer expires by taking environmental damage (such as falling from a great height). This can cause unintended side effects: for example, being revived quickly with Inspire or Pistol Messiah, the reduced speed and unlimited ammo effects can remain for a short time.
- If players are downed twice and is in the effects of swan song, it is possible that if a taser tases the player for the full effect the player will go into custody (does need to be checked out happened to me everytime)
- The skill name comes from the ancient Greek metaphor of the same name. The term refers to people performing a dramatic effort prior to dying, making a comparison to swans who were (inaccurately) believed to sing only before dying.
- The phrase "You Are Not Long For This World!' refers to the book "Old Mortality" in Pale Horse, Pale Rider by Katherine Anne Porter. However, it will incorrectly state "You are already at full health" if HoxHud is used.
- Players under Swan Song cannot enter nor stay in vehicles until/when it expires.
- Any health gained while under Swan Song will be lost after it has ended.
- Originally, there was no icon for players under Swan Song. The HUD will display them with completely depleted health until they finally become incapacitated when the effect wears out. This was later fixed in an update in which the icon does appear.