- "Washington is sick. I am the cure."
- —Commissioner Garrett's introduction
Police Commissioner Solomon Garrett is a new character in PAYDAY 2, and a new adversary of the Payday Gang. In his introductory trailer, Commissioner Garrett announces his intention to destroy the infamous network Crime.Net, and its near-mythical leader, Bain. He declares that he will deploy new specially trained opponents to keep the Payday gang occupied, introducing Captain Winters. Comes with the FBI Files feature.
Commissioner Garrett is an old friend of Mayor McKendrick, who's just arrived from Boston, where his aggressive leadership of the BPD eradicated both the Irish and Italian mobs, and earned him the nickname "Old Thunderguts".
Not a lot of interactivity, if any at all, between Garrett and either The Payday Gang or Crime.net at large in the current build of the game, though through a hidden bug planted in a Bulldozer Bobblehead, the information provided to him by the FBI is intercepted and released to all concerned parties without his knowledge. Put simply, Garrett or rather his FBI account serves as a depository through which players can find more information about themselves, other criminals or even the Bureau's details and notes on the units encountered on the field.
Despite being hugely successful back in his hometown of Boston, Garrett seems to be plagued with almost constant trouble in Washington, likely due to the prevalence of political corruption there. Despite being constantly stonewalled and now having the Department of Homeland Surveillance barking up his tree, however, Commissioner Garrett is not about to give up and let crime overrun D.C. just yet.
- The "welcoming gift" given to Garrett in the new enemy trailer is a Bulldozer Bobblehead, planted with a bug to allow Bain to probe into the commissioner's private FBI documents.
- Physically, Garrett bears resemblance to the character Leroy Jethro Gibbs from the drama TV show NCIS. He additionally shares many of his quirks and personality traits.
- Internally, Garrett is called "Gordon", an obvious reference to Commissioner Gordon in the Batman franchise. Garrett also shares many personality traits with the DC comics character.