|Unlock Level|| |
N/A (always available)
Requires equipped Sicario perk deck with Smoker unlocked.
|Weapon Type||Smoke Bomb|
|Capacity||1, infinite uses|
|Internal name|| |
Drop one of these and you'll vanish in a cloud of smoke, leaving your enemies struggling to take aim at you. Dodging bullets is a piece of cake when they can't see you properly.
The Smoke Bomb is a special usable equipment in the throwable slot for PAYDAY 2.
The Smoke Bomb is a unique piece of kit of the Sicario deck and is automatically equipped upon the deck being selected, unless the player hasn't unlocked the starter perk Smoker yet. While equipped, it takes up the slot normally reserved for throwable weapons, but can be switched out if the player so chooses.
When thrown, the Smoke Bomb will unleash a smoke screen after a brief moment that causes players inside to dodge 50% of incoming bullets, and causes enemies inside to lose 50% of their accuracy. Perk upgrades will grant additional dodge chance to players inside, as well as boost the perk deck effects of the user.
Like the Kingpin Injector, it can be infinitely used, but upon usage, it has a cooldown of 60 seconds, although each kill will speed up the cooldown by one second.
Despite the starter perk's description, the Smoke Bomb's cooldown will begin immediately after throwing it, rather than waiting for the smoke screen to dissipate.
- Usage of the Smoke Bomb should be reserved for situations of dire need, such as being surrounded by multiple enemies or when needing to manually revive a fallen player.
- It can also be used as an alternative when needing to remain stationary and completing an objective, such as repairing a drill.
- A well coordinated team can combine the effects of the Smoke Bomb and the Concussion Grenade to severely hamper enemies due to their ability to debuff the accuracy of affected targets for a limited time.
- The Smoke Bomb can also be a fairly viable substitute for the Concussion Grenade in order to ensure converts/dominated cops and human players are not entirely affected as much.
- Fully Loaded aced may not pair well with this throwable, since it is never permanently depleted.
- The Smoke Bomb was modeled after the AN M18 smoke grenade. Contrary to its print-on label and color-coded cap, the Smoke Bomb emits whitish-lavender smoke instead of intense blue.
- It is also the second "throwable" to require the use of a specific perk deck as a prerequisite to being equipped, with the first being the Injector. As with all such items, the Smoke Bomb can be infinitely reusable after a short cooldown without the player having to retrieve anything to make it available again.