THIS IS A GAGE NINJA PACK ITEM!
Shurikens can be picked back up
|Damage||100 + Poison|
|Internal name|| |
The Shurikens have been coated in poison which deals damage over time and has a chance to interrupt enemies.
- The effects of Poison do not stack, so repeatedly throwing Shurikens at an enemy will not grant additional damage from poison. The base 100 damage points will, however, stack as usual.
Shurikens are retrievable after use, thus essentially granting one an endless supply if they are adept at recovering thrown projectiles, though in practice often times these stars will end up somewhere unreachable, rendering them lost. For this reason, it is advisable to refrain from throwing shurikens at Snipers and/or distant targets.
Spent shurikens can be replenished from Grenade Cases, though this would be entirely pointless as Shurikens can be picked back up after use, and the Grenade Case only grants three Shurikens. Additionally, this would deprive the team of replenishing throwables that can't be picked back up, such as Molotovs and Frags.
Shurikens can poison enemies. This disables enemies temporarily, as well as dealing damage over time. This can be used to halt most enemies, such as Cloakers chasing the player. However, Bulldozers are unaffected. Enemies suffering the effects of Poison will stop and appear to claw at themselves uncomfortably.
| Shuriken Shenanigans|
Complete a single heist in stealth using only the Shuriken throwable and killing at least 4 enemies. Unlocks the "Kuro Zukin" mask, "Bamboo" material and "Koi" pattern.
| Fugu Fighter|
Have at least 3 enemies poisoned at the same time with your poisoned weapons. Unlocks the "Shirai" mask, "Origami" material and "Hanabi" pattern.
- The Shuriken is the first throwable weapon that:
- Has a carry capacity larger than 3;
- Can be retrieved after use;
- Deals direct damage instead of splash damage/AoE;
- Can be held before throwing, allowing one to "aim" where the shuriken will fly;
- Does not deal any damage to the user or their teammates;
- Does not create noise when thrown (however, it can indirectly cause noise by breaking windows or killing an NPC without Shinobi Aced/Hidden Blade Aced).
- Shuriken edges in reality are constructed from flat metal pieces and designed to deliver glancing slashes to the victim rather than puncturing them. When thrown directly against the hard plating inserts of modern body armor, one may simply become embedded without doing any damage to the wearer, or even bounce off harmlessly without being able to puncture at all.
- It is unclear where the heisters store these throwing stars. Considering the poisoned nature of the shurikens, it'd be safe to assume that there should be a pouch or satchel where these are kept until use.
- The poison coating on the Shurikens also do not get washed off or thinned down from repeated use.
- The "Shuriken Shenanigans" achievement does not count enemies dying from the shuriken's poison effects, only kills from the initial hit.