THIS IS A GAGE HISTORICAL PACK ITEM!
|Melee Type||Knife • Sharp|
|Unequip Delay||1.2 seconds|
|Attack Rate||0.8 seconds|| 67 hits per minute|
2,000 dmg per minute
|Attack Delay||0.1 second|
|Damage per Second||30||60||90||120||150|
|Internal name|| |
Only an axis soldier, or maybe Wolf, would be careless enough to try to beat someone to death using a hand grenade. This particular hand granade(sic) used frequently by the axis forces in WWII, was also popular in the east for warfare, and in the west as a collectible.
The Potato Masher can be best likened to the 50 Blessings Briefcase in that they possess similar stats across the board: medium-low damage, high knockdown, and fair range. However, the Briefcase has a much lower damage (both charged and uncharged), and higher charged knockdown. Additionally, the Potato Masher's concealment is slightly lower than that of the Briefcase.
The Potato Masher is fairly unique among the melee weapons in that its charged knockdown is actually lower than the uncharged knockdown. This property is also shared with the Arkansas Toothpick, as they both have similar stats.
- It is recommended that players prepare a charge before attacking enemies.
- If a player wishes for more damage, it is recommended that they get Berserker, Pumping Iron and Bloodthirst Aced from the Brawler skill tree.
- If a player wishes for more knockdown, use Martial Arts Aced.
- The Potato Masher is based upon the Model 24 Stielhandgranate. Its in-game name is one of the common epithets used by Allied soldiers for the weapon.
- The Potato Masher is in most likelihood deactivated and filled with an inert content, rendering it harmless but could still be used as a club. Regardless, it is still impractical and unwise to wield such a rare and potentially valuable artifact as a crude bludgeoning tool.
- "FÜR KARTOFFELMUß" and "VORSICHT TÖDLICH" is written on the charge cap, which translates to: "For mashed potatoes", "Caution deadly".