|This article is about the PAYDAY: The Heist mission. For the PAYDAY 2 mission, see Panic Room (Payday 2).|
- "The definition of safe house is changing"
- —Poster tagline
Panic Room is a heist that involves a daring smash-and-grab operation that begins with the team entering a dilapidated apartment-building-turned-gang-hideout under the pretense of making a drug deal. The real target, however, is the steel panic room filled with cash and bolted to the floor of the building's third story.
- "Deep inside the projects, a fortified building. Inside the fortified building, a meth lab. In the meth lab, a panic room bolted to the floor. Inside the panic room, a fortune in cash. Getting into the building is easy, but how are you going to get inside the panic room? If you can't get in, how are you going to leave with the money? Simple, steal the whole room."
- —In-game description.
The heist begins with the crew being invited to the building operated by a gang of armed drug dealers. Posing as buyers, the crew enters the building with the intent of taking the panic room the gang owns that is filled with cash and drugs. The heist can be initiated by the crew, and it is recommended to do so after finding the gang's leader, Chavez, who posesses the key to the room housing the panic room.
Once the crew obtains the key, either by tying down Chavez or killing him, the crew must attach four saws to the base of the panic room, two saws on the floor of the third floor, and two saws on the ceiling of the second floor.
After the panic room has been detatched from the rest of the house, a helicopter will arrive to drop off a bag of C4, which lands on the roof, on a walkway on the front facade of the building, or in the alley behind it. Using the C4 the crew must destroy the area on each floor directly above and around the panic room. When this is done, the crew must defend the chopper while it attaches a large electro-magnet to the panic room. Once the chopper has left, the crew must escape by accessing the sewers from the basement.
Hidden throughout the apartment complex are bundles of cash that can be picked up by the player for an instant reward. If the player takes 10 of them during the heist, then they are rewarded with the Are there more than two? trophy.
|1||Entrance (back alley)||29||36||72||72|
|2||Drug deal (lobby)||29||36||72||72|
|3||Locate the panic room (floor 3)||29||36||72||72|
|4||Find Chavez and get his key||87||109||217||217|
|5||Get into the panic room (floor 3)||58||73||145||145|
|6||Detach the panic room (floors 2 and 3)||58||73||145||145|
|7||Keep the saws going (floors 2 and 3)||145||181||362||362|
|8||Wait for the explosives (roof)||87||109||217||217|
|9||Take out the snipers (roof)||116||145||290||290|
|10||Rig the C4 charges||290||363||725||725|
|11||Move away from the C4 (floor 2)||116||145||290||290|
|12||Wait for the helicopter to return to the roof (roof)||87||109||217||217|
|13||Secure the roof (roof)||203||254||507||507|
|14||Attach the magnet (floor 4)||232||290||580||580|
|15||Defend the helicopter (roof)||174||218||435||435|
- When C4 is planted (in any of the highlighted spots) the player character may say "We're all clear, now let's blow this thing and go home!", a quote from Han Solo in the movie Star Wars.
- On difficulties below Overkill 145+, room 145 (the secret room with 40 bundles of money) still spawns, but it cannot be opened.
- A glitch (now patched) allows the player to grab the cash bundles through the floor of the room directly above it, regardless of the difficulty.
- There are four unusable first aid kits from Left 4 Dead in room 145.
- The official soundtracks for this heist are Phoney Money and The Take by Simon Viklund. It is the only heist in the game to have more than one official music track.
- There is a giant toothbrush in one of the bathrooms. It used to be smaller but the developers have made it bigger as a reference to comments made by the popular Youtuber Uberhaxornova.
- Sometimes one of the thugs will shout "Eat shit and die!" a possible reference to the videogame character Duke Nukem.
- In the area that looks like a reception area, there is a filing cabinet in the corner. If jumped on, it can be used to grab cash through the roof.
- In the lobby, there's a punching bag with the logo of Overkill Software on it.
- Dallas may declare he put the last saw on the panic room or placed the last of the C4, regardless of who actually did.
|Heists|| Release: First World Bank • Heat Street • Panic Room • Green Bridge • Diamond Heist • Slaughterhouse|
DLC: Counterfeit • Undercover • No Mercy
|Weapons|| Primary: AMCAR-4 • Reinbeck • M308 • Brenner 21 • AK|
Secondary: Mark 11 • Locomotive 12G • Compact-5 • GL40
Pistols: B9-S • Crosskill .45 • Bronco .44 • STRYK
|Deployables||Ammo bag • Doctor bag • Trip mine • Sentry gun|
|Enemies|| Regular: Security guard • Cop • FBI • Gangster • Blue SWAT • Heavy SWAT • Murkywater|
Special: Bulldozer • Cloaker • Shield • Sniper • Taser
|Characters||Dallas • Hoxton • Wolf • Chains • Bain • Minor characters|
|Gameplay||Assault Waves • Cable Ties • Civilians • Drills • Environmental hazards • Police Custody • Reputation • Risk Level (Overkill 145+) • Shout • Stealth • Upgrades|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements • Challenges • Companies (GenSec • Murkywater) • DLC • FBI • Gangs & Mafias • Masks • Options • Overkill Software • Steam Trading Cards • Timeline • Update history|