Decent rate of fire and extreme damage, short range
|Unlocked at rep||0 (req.: Portable Saw skill)|
A high-speed rotary power saw, it does not require "ammunition". Instead, its usage is limited by the durability of its circular saw blades that get worn down when cutting objects, and must be swapped out.
The OVE9000 saw can also be used to quickly kill enemies within melee range. However, unless the appropriate skills are unlocked, it should not be used frequently as a weapon due to the blades' low durability.
The OVE9000 can be used to saw open:
- ATM machines.
- All doors except for vault doors.
- Chain-link fences, although using a wire cutter is preferable.
- The floor of the truck on Day 1 of Watchdogs.
- The truck trailer doors on Day 1 of Firestarter.
- Barriers that protect the paintings when the alarm is activated on Day 1 of Framing Frame.
- The sewer entrance on Day 2 of Framing Frame.
- Deposit boxes inside the Bank Heist and GO Bank vault.
- Deposit boxes inside the armored trucks that appear on Armored Transport and GO Bank.
- The OVE9000 saw benefits from melee based perks, such as Berserker or Pumping Iron and will allow it to kill enemies and open certain objects much faster. However, it does not benefit from Bullet Storm.
- Despite using the spinning saw blade to attack, one can still do a normal melee attack (as with any other weapon), by pressing your melee button.
- A Bulldozer can be killed in less than one second if sawed continuously in the face, albeit at the cost of most (or all) of a saw blade.
- A Mastermind that has the Control Freak skill can use it the noise from the OVE9000 saw to constantly keep the civilians down, by triggering the saw while aiming away from objects to avoid wearing down the blade.
- The loud noise from using the saw to open deposit boxes during the Bank Heist alerts civilians all around the bank building, so it can't be used in stealth runs if civilians aren't controlled first.
- You can also create a macro on your keyboard to accurately use the saws durability slower, without wearing it out fast with the mouse.
- The weapon's name is derived from the Dragon Ball Z meme "It's Over 9000!"
- The Latin text on the saw blade, "Ipsumque seorsum", roughly translates to "cutting apart".
- The OVE9000 Saw is likely based on the Cement Saw.
|Weapons in PAYDAY 2|
|Primary|| Assault Rifle: AMCAR • AK • CAR-4 • UAR • AK.762 • JP36 • M308 • AK5 • AMR-16 • Commando 553 • Eagle Heavy|
Light Machine Gun: RPK • KSP • Brenner 21
Shotgun: Reinfeld 880 • IZHMA 12G • Mosconi 12G
Saw: OVE9000 saw
|Secondary|| Pistol: Interceptor .45 • Chimano 88 • Crosskill • Bernetti 9 • Bronco .44 • STRYK 18c • Deagle • Gruber Kurz • Signature .40|
Submachine Gun: Mark 10 • Compact-5 • CMP • Para • Krinkov • Kobus 90 • Swedish K • SpecOps
Shotgun: Locomotive 12G
|Melee||Weapon Butt • Fists • 350K Brass Knuckles • URSA Knife • Krieger Blade • Berger Combat Knife • Trautman Knife|
|Deployable||Ammo bag • Doctor bag • ECM jammer • Sentry gun • Trip mine|
|Heists||Bank Heist • Big Oil • Diamond Store • Firestarter • Four Stores • Framing Frame • Jewelry Store • Mallcrasher • Nightclub • Rats • Ukrainian Job • Watchdogs|
|Escapes||Cafe • Garage • Street • Overpass • Park|
|Armor||Two-Piece Suit • Ballistic Vest • Lightweight Ballistic Vest • Heavy Ballistic Vest • Flak Jacket • Combined Tactical Vest • Improved Combined Tactical Vest|
|Skills||Mastermind • Enforcer • Technician • Ghost|
|Enemies|| Regular: Security Guard • Metropolitan Police • SWAT Team • FBI: Hostage Rescue Unit • FBI: Heavy Response Unit • Special Ops: Maximum Force Responder • GenSec Elite SWAT Team • Gangs|
|Characters|| Heisters: Chains • Dallas • Hoxton • Wolf|
|Gameplay||Assets • Cable Ties • Death Wish • Infamy • Pro Job • Reputation • Risk Level • Safe house • Safes • Offshore Account • Weapon stats • Weapons|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements • DLC • Masks • Materials • Patterns • Overkill Software • Update history|