Decent rate of fire and extreme damage, short range
|Unlocked at rep||0. Requires Portable Saw skill|
|Rate of fire||400|
- "Is that a fucking saw?!"
- —A law enforcer startled by a crewmember brandishing an OVE9000 saw
A high-speed rotary power saw, it does not require "ammunition". Instead, its usage is limited by the durability of its circular saw blades that get worn down when cutting objects, and must be swapped out.
The OVE9000 saw can be used to quickly kill enemies within melee range. However, unless the appropriate skills are unlocked, it should not be used frequently as a weapon because of the blades' low durability. The saw can be used to open:
- All doors except for vault doors
- The floor of the truck on Watchdogs Day 1
- The truck doors on Firestarter Day 1
- Barriers that protect the paintings when the alarm is activated on Framing Frame Day 1
- The sewer entrance on Framing Frame Day 2
- Cages in Shadow Raid and the warehouse on Day 2 of Election Day
- Deposit boxes in the Bank Heist, Firestarter Day 3, Armored Transport, GO Bank, Day 2 of Election Day (Plan C), and Big Bank
- Chain-link fences, although using the wirecutter with the action key instead is preferable
- The OVE9000 saw benefits from melee based perks, such as Berserker or Pumping Iron and will allow it to kill enemies and open certain objects much faster. However, it does not benefit from Bullet Storm.
- When Berserker is active the saw is capable of opening deposit boxes in a single tap instead of 2, massively reducing the amount of time and ammo required to clear a vault room.
- Despite using the spinning saw blade to attack, one can still do a normal melee attack (as with any other weapon), by pressing your melee button.
- A Mastermind that has the Control Freak skill can use the noise from the OVE9000 saw to constantly keep the civilians down, by triggering the saw while aiming away from objects to avoid wearing down the blade.
- The loud noise from using the saw to open deposit boxes during the Bank Heist alerts civilians all around the bank building, so it can't be used in stealth runs if civilians aren't controlled first.
- You can also create a macro on your keyboard to accurately use the saw's durability slower, without wearing it out fast with the mouse. Although, if this is not available, use the following list to gauge how you're going to use a saw:
- White-colored doors (security and ones that can't be shot open): The entire blade, aimed at the door knob.
- ATMs: Two taps on the body and a single tap on each hinge.
- Deposit Boxes: Two taps anywhere.
- Truck floor on Day 1 of Watchdogs: Three taps directly onto the saw icon.
- Bank cage doors: Two taps near the knob.
- Bars in the first day of Framing Frame: One tap per bar.
- Sewer gate latches in the second day of Framing Frame: Two taps on each lock.
- On console. A Bulldozer can be killed in less than one second if a player has sawed continuously in the face, albeit at the cost of most (or all) of a saw blade.
- The weapon's name is derived from the Dragon Ball Z meme "It's Over 9000!"
- The Latin text on the saw blade, "Ipsumque seorsum", roughly translates to "cutting apart".
- The OVE9000 Saw is likely based on the Cement Saw.
- The OVE9000 can cut through wood, plastic, steel and aluminum, as printed on the label of the saw disc. The word PLASTIC is covered by the blade holder cup, while the word ALUMINUM is misspelled (AIUMINUM).
- This is the only weapon not to have any modification slots
- This is the only weapon that law enforcers will specifically take note of, often in shock and terror.
|Weapons in PAYDAY 2|
|Primary|| Assault Rifle: Golden AK.762 • AMCAR • AK • CAR-4 • UAR • AK.762 • JP36 • M308 • Ak 5 • AMR-16 • Commando 553 • Eagle Heavy • Falcon|
Sniper Rifle: Rattlesnake • R93 • Thanatos .50 cal
Light Machine Gun: RPK • KSP • Brenner 21
Shotgun: Reinfeld 880 • IZHMA 12G • Mosconi 12G • M1014 • Raven
Saw: OVE9000 saw
|Secondary|| Pistol: Interceptor .45 • Chimano Custom • Chimano 88 • Crosskill • Bernetti 9 • Bronco .44 • STRYK 18c • Deagle • Gruber Kurz • Signature .40|
Submachine Gun: Mark 10 • Compact-5 • CMP • Para • Krinkov • Kobus 90 • Swedish K • SpecOps
Shotgun: Locomotive 12G • Street Sweeper
|Melee||Weapon Butt • Fists • 350K Brass Knuckles • URSA Knife • K.L.A.S. Shovel • Telescopic Baton • Krieger Blade • Berger Combat Knife • Survival Tomahawk • Utility Machete • Trautman Knife|
|Deployable||Ammo bag • Doctor bag • ECM jammer • Sentry gun • Trip mine|