High powered and good concealment
|Unlocked at rep||13|
The Locomotive 12G shotgun is a secondary weapon available in Payday 2, and is the only shotgun available as a secondary.
The Locomotive 12G is a shortened down version of the Reinfeld 880. The main difference is that the Locomotive is actually a secondary weapon.
It is essentially the same as the Reinfeld 880, boasting the same magazine capacity of six shell, but with slightly lower damage and accuracy. It can kill nearly any common enemy with a well placed headshot at close range. However, while the Reinfeld remains effective even at medium range, the Loco's shortened barrel makes for a much larger spread pattern, and as a result is best used strictly for close range engagements.
The Locomotive is an excellent compliment for a ranged primary weapon, such as the M308, and can be a viable backup should the primary weapon be empty or on the reload. The Locomotive really comes into its element when used on heists such as Bank Heist or Framing Frame, being able to clear rooms of enemies in very little time. It is a good secondary for an Enforcer with shotgun boosting skills, such as Shotgun CQB or Hard Boiled.
The Locomotive can also be silenced and used as an effective stealth weapon. While it obviously lacks the range and accuracy of other silenced sidearms, the Loco's excessive power can send a guard flying several feet away, depending on how close one is. This can prove to be either an advantage or a detriment in a stealth scenario, as the player can knock guards clean away from door ways and out of sight of other guards, but must make sure not to propel the guard's body out into the open where other guards and civilians can see it.
- Shark Teeth
- The Silent Killer
- Ergo Grip
- Pro Grip
- Extended Mag (Increases magazine capacity by 2)
- Military Red Dot (Lootbag DLC)
- Holographic Sight
- The Professional's Choice
- See More Sight (Armored Transport DLC)
- Surgeon Sight
- Military Red Dot
- Milspec Scope
- Standard Stock
- Standard Stock (Different to the other "Standard Stock")
- Police Shorty
- Tactical Stock
- Tactical Shorty
- Shell Rack (Increases magazine capacity by 2)
- The Locomotive is the only shotgun in Payday 2 which is a secondary weapon.
- The Locomotive is based on the Serbu Super-Shorty, specifically the Remington 870 model. In the system files, itis referred to as "Serbu".
- The words "Buff The Loco" are graffitied on a wall in the backyard of the Safehouse. This refers to the substantial amount of complaints from Payday 1 players saying that the Locomotive was too weak.
- Somewhat ironically, the Locomotive 12G was later nerfed in Payday 2 for being considered too effective as a secondary weapon.
- The Locomotive 12G has the words "Reinbeck Tactical" enscribed on the side.