High powered and good concealment
|Unlocked at rep||13|
|Rate of Fire||160|
The Locomotive 12G shotgun is a secondary weapon available in PAYDAY 2, and is the only shotgun available as a secondary.
The Locomotive 12G is a shortened version of the Reinfeld 880. The main difference is that the Locomotive is actually a secondary weapon.
It is essentially the same as the Reinfeld 880, boasting the same magazine capacity of six shells, but with slightly higher damage and lower accuracy. It can kill nearly any common enemy with a well placed head shot at close range. However, while the Reinfeld 880 remains effective even at medium range, the Locomotive's shortened barrel makes for a much larger spread pattern, and as a result is best used strictly for close range engagements.
The Locomotive 12G is an excellent compliment for a ranged primary weapon, such as the M308, and can be a viable backup should the primary weapon be empty or on the reload. It really comes into its element when used on heists such as Bank Heist or Framing Frame, being able to clear rooms of enemies in very little time. It is a good secondary for an Enforcer with shotgun boosting skills, such as Shotgun CQB or Hard Boiled.
The Locomotive 12G can also be silenced and used as an effective stealth weapon. While it obviously lacks the range and accuracy of other silenced sidearms, its excessive power can send a guard flying several feet away, depending on how close one is. This can prove to be either an advantage or a detriment in a stealth scenario, as the player can knock guards clean away from door ways and out of sight of other guards, but must make sure not to propel the guard's body out into the open where other guards and civilians can see it.
- When using a sight with the Locomotive 12G, keep in mind that pellets will instead hit around and below the optic's indicated point of impact. To make the most out of a sight, it will be best to switch to the circle reticule.
- The Assault Light works very well for estimating where shots will hit due to the spread.
- When modded with The Silent Killer, Straight Grip and Tactical Shorty, it has a concealment of 29 about the same as a pistol. Along with The Silent Killer, this makes it an effective choice for both Plan A (stealth) and Plan B (Assault).
- It is based on a shortened version of the Remington Model 870.
- The game files name it after the Super-Shorty, however this is obviously incorrect as the barrel and magazine tube are longer than a Super-Shorty, the pump and grip are different and the Locomotive has sights.
- The words "Buff The Loco" are graffitied on a wall in the backyard of the Safehouse. This refers to the substantial amount of complaints from PAYDAY: The Heist players that the Locomotive 12 G was too weak.
- The Locomotive 12G was later nerfed for being too effective at longer ranges.
- The Locomotive 12G has the words "Reinbeck Tactical" inscribed on the side.
- The Muldon is similar to the stock, the Locomotive 12 G has in PAYDAY: The Heist. It is based on the folding stock of the SPAS-12.
- Before the descriptions of attachments were removed, the Tactical Shorty stock attachment read "Completely removed the stock for excellent conceal-ability" despite the fact that the Locomotive 12 G never had a stock to begin with.
- The Locomotive can reach a concealment rating of 31 with the Tactical Shorty attachment and the Straight Grip attachment, but the concealment is capped at 30.
|Weapons in PAYDAY 2|
|Primary|| Assault Rifle: AMCAR • AK • CAR-4 • UAR • AK.762 • JP36 • M308 • AK5 • AMR-16 • Commando 553 • Eagle Heavy|
Light Machine Gun: RPK • KSP • Brenner 21
Shotgun: Reinfeld 880 • IZHMA 12G • Mosconi 12G
Saw: OVE9000 saw
|Secondary|| Pistol: Interceptor .45 • Chimano Custom • Chimano 88 • Crosskill • Bernetti 9 • Bronco .44 • STRYK 18c • Deagle • Gruber Kurz • Signature .40|
Submachine Gun: Mark 10 • Compact-5 • CMP • Para • Krinkov • Kobus 90 • Swedish K • SpecOps
Shotgun: Locomotive 12G
|Melee||Weapon Butt • Fists • 350K Brass Knuckles • URSA Knife • Krieger Blade • Berger Combat Knife • Trautman Knife|
|Deployable||Ammo bag • Doctor bag • ECM jammer • Sentry gun • Trip mine|
|Heists||Bank Heist • Big Oil • Diamond Store • Election Day • Firestarter • Four Stores • Framing Frame • GO Bank • Jewelry Store • Mallcrasher • Nightclub • Rats • Ukrainian Job • Watchdogs|
|Escapes||Cafe • Garage • Street • Overpass • Park|
|Armor||Two-Piece Suit • Ballistic Vest • Lightweight Ballistic Vest • Heavy Ballistic Vest • Flak Jacket • Combined Tactical Vest • Improved Combined Tactical Vest|
|Skills||Mastermind • Enforcer • Technician • Ghost|
|Enemies|| Regular: Security Guard • Metropolitan Police • SWAT Team • FBI: Hostage Rescue Unit • FBI: Heavy Response Unit • Special Ops: Maximum Force Responder • GenSec Elite SWAT Team • Gangs|
|Characters|| Heisters: Chains • Dallas • Hoxton • Wolf|
|Gameplay||Assets • Cable Ties • Death Wish • Infamy • Pro Job • Reputation • Risk Level • Safe house • Safes • Offshore Account • Weapon stats • Weapons|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements • Companies • DLC • Masks • Materials • Patterns • Overkill Software • Update history|