High powered but low controllability
|Unlocked at rep||29|
The Krinkov is essentially considered a high-power submachine gun in Payday 2. It has the 3rd highest base damage (right behind the Swedish K and the SpecOps) and the highest mobility of all the submachine guns in the game and also has decent accuracy. This makes the Krinkov a suitable choice if using a long range primary, such as the UAR or M308.
However, one of the most crippling flaws of the Krinkov is its very low amount of reserve ammo; it only has two full magazines worth of ammo before running out. It also has high visibility and some of the worst recoil of all the submachine guns, only beaten out by the Mark 10.
To get the most out of the low reserve ammo, it is recommended that one increase the already high damage and mobility of the Krinkov and to always go for headshots, unless in an emergency. For longer ranges, one should try to burst fire to keep the recoil in check and save ammo.
- Moscow Special
- Military Red Dot (Lootbag DLC)
- Holographic Sight
- The Professional's Choice
- See More Sight (Armored Transport DLC)
- Surgeon Sight
- Military Red Dot
- Milspec Scope
- Standard Stock
- Tactical Stock
- Skeletal Stock
- Wooden Sniper Stock
- The Krinkov is based on the AKS-74U, the carbine version of the AK-74. The in-game version has an underfolding stock, as opposed to the actual side folding skeletal stock.
- Like the Para, it is referred to as a submachine gun in game; however, this is incorrect as submachine guns by definition are chambered in pistol calibers, rather than intermediate ones.
- The gun's of Krinkov is a real life nickname for the weapon that originated in the United States.