Decent rate of fire and high stopping power
|Unlocked at rep||26|
The IZHMA 12G shotgun is a primary weapon available in PAYDAY 2.
The IZHMA 12G is a medium damage shotgun that, unlike any of the other shotguns in the game, is magazine fed. This allows it to have a consistent and fast reload no matter how many shots have been fired. Another defining feature of the IZHMA is its semi-automatic fire compared to the pump-action Reinfeld 880 and Locomotive 12G. This gives it impressive damage over time when used at close range and allows one to kill entire groups of enemies in the right circumstances.
Unfortunately, the IZHMA suffers greatly from both poor accuracy and sharp damage drop off. At medium-range and farther, it can take nearly an entire magazine to kill even a single enemy, let alone tougher special enemies, such as the Sniper or Bulldozer. The recoil can also make it difficult to hit enemies if one fires it for long periods of time.
The IZHMA is also a bad choice for stealth due to its high visibility, and a suppressor will make it harder to kill even the most basic cops beyond close range. Despite all these flaws, however, it can make a great weapon for when one expects to get up close and personal or to lay down suppressing fire for the crew.
- Shark Teeth
- The Silent Killer
- The Tactical Russian
- Military Red Dot (Lootbag DLC)
- Holographic Sight
- The Professional's Choice
- See More Sight (Armored Transport DLC)
- Surgeon Sight
- Military Red Dot
- Milspec Scope
- Standard Stock
- Tactical Stock
- Skeletal Stock
- Wooden Sniper Stock
- While the IZHMA 12G lacks any magazine modifications, the Mag Plus skill from Technician is an excellent choice that allows one to fire for much longer and take better advantage of its magazine fed nature.
- Rapidly pressing the fire button will fire slightly faster than holding it down, which can prove advantageous in close quarters.
- The IZHMA 12G is based on the Saiga-12.
- It may be fired fully automatically despite being classified as semi-automatic. This is most likely to gain the effects of the Technician's Sharpshooter skill.
- When emptying a seven-round magazine by holding down the trigger, the game will only play the firing sound five times.