High rate of fire and decent stopping power
|Unlocked at rep||26|
|Rate of fire||330|
The IZHMA 12G shotgun is a primary weapon available in PAYDAY 2.
The IZHMA 12G is a medium damage shotgun that, unlike the other shotguns in the game, is magazine fed. This allows it to have a consistent and fast reload no matter how many shots have been fired. Another defining feature is its fully automatic fire compared to the pump-action Reinfeld 880 and Locomotive 12G. This gives it impressive damage per second when used at close range and allows one to kill entire groups of enemies in the right circumstances.
With Auto Fire from Gage Weapon Pack #01, it gets a significant damage boost, especially for Enforcers. Combined with Shark Teeth Nozzle, the damage gets high enough that head shots can kill standard law enforcement in one shell, even the heavily armored FBI agents. Another advantage is that it tends to receive 2 shells from the ammo drops of dead enemies, compared to 1 that the Reinfeld 880 and Locomotive 12G. With this advantage, plus its very high maximum ammo relative to its power, ammo tends to be much less of a concern over a long duration.
Unfortunately, it suffers greatly from both poor accuracy and sharp damage drop off, like all the shotguns. At medium range and farther, it can take nearly an entire magazine to kill even a single standard enemy, let alone tougher special enemies such as the Shield or Bulldozer. The recoil can also make it difficult to hit enemies if one fires it for long periods of time. Even after its stability is enhanced with The Tactical Russian Rail, Auto Fire and Tactical Stock, its recoil will remain relatively high.
It is also a bad choice for stealth due to its low concealment, and a suppressor will make it harder to kill even the most basic cops beyond close range. Despite all these flaws, however, it can make a great weapon for when one expects to get up close and personal or to lay down suppressing fire for the crew.
There are several secondary weapons that work well with the IZHMA 12G. In close quarters maps, the Locomotive 12G allows the player to make an ammo conservation build. Pistols work well to help counter its the poor range by allowing the player the ability to take down snipers and other SWATs at range. For heavy close range builds, the STRYK 18c helps with close room clearing and can be switched to single fire mode to take out snipers with ease.
- While the IZHMA 12G lacks any magazine modifications, Mag Plus gives 12 Base or 22 Aced shells and is an excellent choice that allows one to fire for much longer and take better advantage of its magazine fed nature. However, a fully modded Reinfield 880 or Locomotive 12G has 3 extra shells which can proove better in other circunstances, but their reload speed is slower.
- Rapidly pressing the fire button will fire slightly faster than holding it down, which can prove advantageous in close quarters.
- The IZHMA 12G is based on the Saiga-12K.
- "IZHMA" is a reference to IZHMASH, which is the former name of its manufacturer, Kalashnikov.
- Unlike the in-game IZHMA which is fully automatic, the base Saiga-12K is restricted to firing semi-automatically, although it can theoretically be modified for fully automatic fire.
- When emptying a seven-round magazine by holding down the trigger, the game will only play the firing sound five times.
- The IZHMA 12G used by black Bulldozers with a Skeletal Stock and a drum mag is unavailable to players.
- The inventory icon and The Guide of Bain's guns section show the IZHMA 12G with a Skeletal Stock instead of its default Folding Stock.
|Weapons in PAYDAY 2|
|Primary|| Assault Rifle: Golden AK.762 • AMCAR • AK • CAR-4 • UAR • AK.762 • JP36 • M308 • Ak 5 • AMR-16 • Commando 553 • Eagle Heavy • Falcon|
Sniper Rifle: Rattlesnake • R93 • Thanatos .50 cal
Light Machine Gun: RPK • KSP • Brenner 21
Shotgun: Reinfeld 880 • IZHMA 12G • Mosconi 12G • M1014 • Raven
Saw: OVE9000 saw
|Secondary|| Pistol: Interceptor .45 • Chimano Custom • Chimano 88 • Crosskill • Bernetti 9 • Bronco .44 • STRYK 18c • Deagle • Gruber Kurz • Signature .40|
Submachine Gun: Mark 10 • Compact-5 • CMP • Para • Krinkov • Kobus 90 • Swedish K • SpecOps
Shotgun: Locomotive 12G • Street Sweeper • Judge Gun
|Melee||Weapon Butt • Fists • 350K Brass Knuckles • URSA Knife • K.L.A.S. Shovel • Telescopic Baton • Krieger Blade • Berger Combat Knife • Survival Tomahawk • Utility Machete • Trautman Knife • Money Bundle|
|Deployable||Ammo bag • Doctor bag • ECM jammer • Sentry gun • Trip mine|