|Gage Sniper Pack|
Gage Sniper Pack title card.
|Downloadable Content Info|
|Platform(s)|| Microsoft Windows|
|Release Date(s)|| May 8, 2014|
June 16, 2015 (PS4, Xbox One)
|Type||Weapon Content Pack|
|Available At||Steam Store|
This pack released a new type of weapons, sniper rifles and an asset to assist sniping.
The Gage Sniper Pack introduces three new weapons that introduce a new gameplay aspect: sniping. New sniper-oriented assets have been added, such as vantage points in several maps and the usable zip-lines to reach them. Additionally, in celebration of reaching 500,000 community members, some features regarding inventory management were added.
A vantage point is an unlockable asset on certain levels. Each vantage point is an elevated location that provides a good view for sniping, and is accessible via a ladder or zip-line. Vantage points were added to the following maps that were in the game prior to the release of the pack:
- Bank Heist (all variants, Firestarter Day 3): Building across from the bank entrance, via a ladder or zip-line from the bank roof.
- Election Day – Day 1: Sniper tower atop several storage crates, via zip-line from a crane.
- Firestarter – Day 1: Adds a ladder to a roof of the buildings at the beginning.
- Framing Frame - Day 3: Adds zipline to an apartment building with a view of the main apartment's living room. Ironically the Theia Magnified Scope cannot mark targets through the glass present on this heist, rendering it moot for stealth.
- Jewelry Store and Ukrainian Job – Building opposite of the store, via ladder.
- Rats – Day 1: Roof of the cook house, accessible by a zip-line on a tree near the van pickup.
- Rats – Day 3: Tower on the side of the bridge, via ladder or zip-line.
The vantage point asset is also in the later Big Bank heist.
Zip-lines are present on any map for which a vantage point asset has been purchased. Players can travel both ways on a zip-line in most cases, but going down is much faster than going up. Players can carry bags and shoot from the zip-lines, but cannot look down sights or scopes. If law enforcers are near, any player on the zip-line is an easy target.
With the DLC, there are multiple unique mods for the sniper rifles, but all of these require to be unlocked via completing certain achievements released with the weapon pack. Among these are two mods available for all three sniper rifles, and available for most sniper rifles released later on. These mods are:
- Angled Sight – an iron sight mounted at a 45 degree angle to the main sight or scope. Far more effective at short ranges than a scope. This mod is mounted as a gadget: pressing the gadget key (Q on PC) toggles which sight the player uses when looking down their sights. Pressing it once switches from the standard sight to the Angled one, and another press switches back. The key does not need to be held. Obviously, due to using the same key and slot as gadgets, the Angled Sight cannot be used in conjunction with them.
- Theia Magnified Scope – has a far higher magnification than any other sight mod in the game. Has a rangefinder (on the scope and in zoom view) accurate up to 200 meters. More importantly, while in stealth the Theia will tag any unit touched by its reticle, and once the alarm has sounded it will auto-tag special enemies. This makes it easier to spot enemies, kill patrolling enemies behind walls in stealth (with a suppressor) to support teammates inside buildings, and if going loud allows the player to see enemy silhouettes behind shields, allowing for easy head shots.
These masks, materials, and patterns are achievement rewards. They can't drop during a PAYDAY and cannot be sold. Instead, they can be returned to your mask stash for free, but any non-achievement or Infamy reward pattern, color, or material as well as the customization fee to put these together will be lost.
- "Well, speaking for myself, I think with this... collection, Gage has outdone himself in the creepy stakes. I guess he wanted something that reflects the nature of snipers? Or maybe it's the poisonous stinger thing or the fact that they eat their prey."
- —Announcement site quote.
- The descriptions of the masks on the website are separate from those in-game. The website descriptions are also attributed to Gage.
- Asilidae: "The ROBBER FLY attacks its prey by stabbing it with its short, strong proboscis injecting the victim with saliva containing neurotoxic and proteolytic enzymes which very rapidly paralyze the victim and soon digest the insides; the fly then sucks the liquefied material through the proboscis."
- Sphodromantis: "The MANTIS is a predatory proto-cockroach with two grasping, spiked forelegs ("raptorial legs") which they use to catch and securely hold their prey. Mantids are known for their behavior of severing their victims' head from the body and consuming it first."
- Vespula: "The WASP or Yellow-jacket is part of a parasitic species that often lay eggs directly into the body of the host. They are equipped with a stinger and are among the most venomous known insects."
- The mask appears to be based on the Vespula germanica, as evident by the three dots forming a triangle.
- Tarantula: "The TARANTULA SPIDER belongs to the Theraphosidae family, and is one of the largest living predatory spiders. Because of its size and opportunistic predatory behavior, it is not uncommon for this species to kill and consume a variety of small terrestrial vertebrates using their venomous fangs."
| Far, Far Away|
Kill 25 enemies from 40 meters using only the Thanatos .50 cal sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the Tank Buster Barrel for the Thanatos .50 cal sniper rifle.
| Last Action Villain|
Perform a headshot kill on enemies using only the R93 sniper rifle while zip lining. Completing this achievement will unlock the Compensated Suppressor for the R93 sniper rifle.
| Maximum Penetration|
Kill 10 Shields by shooting through their shields using only the R93 sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the Short Barrel for the R93 sniper rifle.
| Dodge This|
Perform 10 headshot kills on Cloakers using only the Thanatos .50 cal sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the Suppressed Barrel for the Thanatos .50 cal sniper rifle.
| Surprise Motherfucker|
Kill 10 Bulldozers using only the Thanatos .50 cal sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the CQB Barrel for the Thanatos .50 cal sniper rifle.
| A Taste of Their Own Medicine|
Kill 25 Snipers using only the Rattlesnake sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the Tactical Aluminium Body for the Rattlesnake sniper rifle.
| You Can’t Hide|
Kill 25 enemies shooting through walls or objects using only the R93 sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the Wooden Body for the R93 sniper rifle.
| Double Kill|
Kill 2 enemies with one bullet 25 times using only the Rattlesnake sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the Sniper Suppressor for the Rattlesnake sniper rifle.
| Public Enemy No. 1|
Kill 250 enemies using only the Rattlesnake sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the Long Barrel for the Rattlesnake sniper rifle.
Achievable without owning DLC
These can be achieved with any sniper rifle in the game, including the non-DLC Platypus 70.
| Lord of the Flies|
Perform 50 headshot kills using any sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the “Asilidae” mask, “Carapace” material and “Bugger” pattern.
| Arachne’s Curse|
Perform 100 headshot kills using any sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the “Tarantula” mask, “Insectoid” material and “Spider Eyes” pattern.
| Pest Control|
Perform 250 headshot kills using any sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the “Vespula” mask, “Bug Shell” material and “Venomous” pattern.
| Seer of Death|
Perform 500 headshot kills using any sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the “Sphodromantis” mask, “Hard Shell” material and “Wings of Death” pattern.
| Triple Kill|
Kill 3 enemies with one bullet using any sniper rifle. Completing this achievement will unlock the Angled sight for all sniper rifles.
| Didn’t See That Coming Did You?|
Kill 10 enemies using any sniper rifle while zip lining. Completing this achievement will unlock the Theia Magnified Scope for all sniper rifles.
The following only require membership in the PAYDAY 2 Official Group on Steam.
| Build Me an Army Worthy of Crime.net|
Equip the Golden AK.762 rifle. Celebrating 500,000 heisters in the official community group, you can now unlock the Golden AK.762 rifle by simply joining the PAYDAY 2 Official Group on Steam.
| The Man With the Golden Gun|
Kill 6 Skulldozers using only the golden AK.762 rifle.
The following appeared on April 30, 2014. They got their permanent name on May 4, 2014, before being fully replaced May 8, 2014
- Lord of the Flies is a reference to the novel of the same name.
- Far, Far Away achievement is a reference to the 1939 movie The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
- Last Action Villain is a reference to the 1993 film Last Action Hero.
- Dodge This is a line from The Matrix, which Trinity says just before killing an agile opponent with a headshot, similar to the achievement but with a Thanatos .50 cal.
- Surprise Motherfucker is the catchphrase and one of the famous lines of James Doakes, a character from the TV series Dexter.
- Build Me an Army Worthy of Crime.net is a reference to a quote in the film The Lord of the Rings.
- The Man with the Golden Gun is a reference to the James Bond novel and film of the same name.
- The number of Skulldozer kills required for the achievement references the number of people killed by the user of the Golden Gun, Francisco Scaramanga, in the novel and the film: 6.
- The Gage Sniper Pack is the first content pack whose weapon mods, masks, and mask components (sans color) can each be acquired by unlocking its corresponding achievement.
- Gage Sniper Pack weapon mods can be attached/detached at the player's whim, as long as the requisite achievements have been unlocked and the player has enough money to afford an installation.
- Likewise, the new masks and mask components brought in by the DLC can be returned to the player's stash if unneeded, though the crafting fee is lost in the process.