Middling accuracy, high capacity, low damage
|Unlocked at rep||0|
|Rate of fire||500|
|Reload time||1.47 / 2.12 seconds|
The Chimano 88 is overall inferior to any of the other pistols. It pales in comparison to the other secondaries, but can still be effective if head shots are landed.
- Available from the start
- Good concealment
- Has reasonably good accuracy and stability
- Large ammo pool and magazine size
- Poor damage
- Puny threat rating
- Outperformed or equaled by the Bernetti 9 in every way with the exception of default magazine capacity
- In addition to the pistol itself, you also start with Standard Issue Suppressor in your inventory. Attaching it to the Chimano 88 as soon as possible gets you your first silent weapon and allows you to participate in Plan A (stealth).
- Because its base damage is already low, suppressing it will have little effect on its damage.
- The Chimano 88 is modeled after the GLOCK 17.
- The Chimano 88 with the Tactical Pistol Light attachment is commonly used by security guards, metropolitan police, SWAT variant of the shield, and Overkill bikers. SWAT and FBI officers also have a Chimano 88 pistol as their standard sidearm, which can be seen tucked away in their pistol holsters, although they never draw them.
- The Chimano pistols wielded by Shield officers are capable of fully automatic firing. This means it was modified to act like a STRYK 18C.
- Hoxton also uses a Chimano 88 with the same setup as his sidearm, which he draws out when downed or while idling in a combat heist.
- On the right side of the gun, there is "#14" written in what appears to be a pink marker or highlighter, indicating it may have been stolen from a police evidence locker.
- The "88" at the end of the name is a reference to the Swedish Armed Forces' designation of the GLOCK 17 as the Pistol 88.