Chains's clown mask
|Age|| 35 (PAYDAY: The Heist)
37 (PAYDAY 2)
|Role|| Support (PAYDAY: The Heist)
Enforcer (PAYDAY 2)
|Voiced By|| Howard Thompson (PAYDAY: The Heist)
Damion Poitier (PAYDAY 2)
- "Don't you be tricky now! Chains hates tricky."
- —Chains shouting at civilians and enemies
Chains is a playable character. A 10-year military veteran, he wears a white, blue, and pink mask, and is voiced by Howard Thompson. In Payday 2, Chains is 37 years old.
In Payday 2 and the Web Series, he's portrayed by Damion Poitier.
According to Bain, he have just recently acquired and decrypted several classified FBI files regarding the background and criminal history of Dallas along with Wolf, Chains and Hoxton. They will be released to the public as soon as the PAYDAY 2 Community group reaches the 1,300,000 member milestone, shedding some light on the crew's identities for the first time. As of August 30th 2014, the milestone have been achieved and the files are being put together for an upcoming release. 
In his childhood he was in and out of foster homes and Juvenile detention Centers.
Always eager to test his limits and challenge death, Chains went after the most extreme component within the Navy, the U.S. Navy SEALs. He got there, but his itchy trigger finger and generally unreliable personality caused him to get kicked out fairly fast.
Chains left the Navy and went into the world of merc troops, offering his military expertise to the highest bidder. On the open market, he was paired up with all the scum of the earth and sent on missions to all four corners of the world.
Soon, the majority of Chains' acquaintances were criminals who came and went in the merc teams, either doing robberies and kidnappings as a change from the fighting, or the other way around. Chains, always looking for a new adrenaline fix, was quickly swept into this way of living.
Chains maintains the military lingo he was taught during his time in the Military. He has reached 35 years of age and has cheated death so many times now that he considers himself invincible, and he often challenges current threats to try to kill him.
Two year later, after the entire crew have moved to Washington D.C. Chains continued his crime spree alongside Dallas and Wolf, along with a new member who joined and took over the mantle of Hoxton.
- During development, the following nicknames were scrapped: Grizzly, Deadlift, Brick Wall, and Alcatraz.
- Chains wears a white-pinstripe suit during heists, regardless of armor.
- During development, Sony's game testers believed that the name "Chains" could be considered racist because of the United States' history of slavery. Overkill contemplated changing the spelling to "Chanes" or "Chaynes", but ultimately decided that the name was being over interpreted.
- Chains gets his nickname from the hardened military lifestyle he once occupied.
- Each character was originally named by nationality, and Chains appears as "Spanish" or "Chilean" in the game files.
- Chains will sometimes talk in third person.
- Chains is the second oldest member of the crew after Dallas.
PAYDAY: The HeistEdit
- Chains' voice actor, Howard Thompson, also voices the Jamaican drug dealer in Panic Room.
- Chains is depicted as the "Support" in the "Upgrades" menu.
- Chains is depicted as the "Enforcer" in PAYDAY 2.
- He can be seen wielding a Benelli M3 on the background of this skill tree. This weapon is unavailable to the players in-game.
- Chains, along with Dallas, can be seen wielding a Heckler & Koch M416 in the first episode of the webseries. During the opening of the first episode he can be seen adjusting the rear sight while briefing on the van.
- Strangely, his M416 is replaced by a M4A1 when the police assaults the bank vault, although this is likely a continuity error, as it is not uncommon for film producers to mix up weapons of the same design in-between different scenes.
- In the Web Series, Chains appears to be younger and he lacks the scar on his head.
- Like Dallas, Chains simply could have gone through a character re-design, with a new actor lending his likeness to the character.
- When throwing a grenade in PAYDAY 2, Chains can say "Surprise, motherf**ker" - referring to "Dexter"
- Before putting on his mask in PAYDAY 2, Chains can say "Walk through the valley, shadow of death, et cetera et cetera" - referencing Psalm 23:4 of the Bible.
|PAYDAY: The Heist|
|Heists|| First World Bank • Heat Street • Panic Room • Green Bridge • Diamond Heist • Slaughterhouse|
Counterfeit • Undercover • No Mercy
|Weapons|| Primary: AMCAR-4 • Reinbeck • M308 • Brenner 21 • AK|
Secondary: Mark 11 • Locomotive 12G • Compact-5 • GL40
Pistols: B9-S • Crosskill .45 • Bronco .44 • STRYK
|Deployables||Ammo bag • Doctor bag • Trip mine • Sentry gun|
|Enemies|| Regular: Security guard • Cop • FBI • Gangster • Blue SWAT • Sniper • Heavy SWAT • Murkywater|
|Characters||Dallas • Hoxton • Wolf • Chains • Bain • Minor characters|
|Walkthroughs|| First World Bank • Heat Street • Panic Room • Green Bridge • Diamond Heist • Slaughterhouse|
Counterfeit • Undercover • No Mercy
|Gameplay||Cable Ties • Overkill 145+ • Reputation • Shout • Upgrades • Police Custody|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements • Challenges • Companies • DLC • Masks • Options • Overkill Software • Update history • Timeline|