|This article is about the special enemies featured in PAYDAY 2. For the list of special enemies encountered in PAYDAY: The Heist, see Category:Special enemies.|
Special Enemies are a class of enemy that have unique abilities and fulfill specific roles during or after a police assault.
They have several common mechanics that makes them different from regular enemies:
- They can be highlighted even in a firefight by shouting at them.
- Killing special enemies will trigger a vocal response from the player character.
- They cannot be intimidated.
- They have a different killcounter compared to regular enemies
There are eight types of special enemies, each having their own unique ability:
- Bulldozer - Heavily armoured unit that spearheads law enforcement assaults.
- Cloaker - Generally waits in ambush. Capable of an instant-incapacitation close quarters attack.
- Shield - Wield full-body shields, making them (and any other troops behind their shield) impervious to frontal attacks from most weapons.
- Sniper - Deal high armor-penetrating damage from extreme distance. Only spawn in set positions in maps.
- Taser - Tases heisters, making them fire uncontrollably and prevents movement. Incapacitation follows if the Taser isn't interrupted.
- SWAT Van Turret - When parked in a specific location, the turret provides area denial.
- Captain Winters - Locks assault wave when arrival first announced, increases cops' damage resistance when on the field.
- Medic - Instantly restores the health of any law enforcer he focuses on, allowing them to survive even otherwise fatal shots.