Good controllability and accuracy
|Unlocked at rep||4|
|Rate of Fire||600|
|Mod stats • Weapon stats|
The CAR-4 assault rifle is a primary weapon available in PAYDAY 2.
The CAR-4 is the second primary weapon unlocked and is a straight upgrade of the beginning AMCAR in almost every category. One of the most distinguishing features about the CAR-4 besides its decent stats is its variety of available modifications. It possesses the most weapon mods out of all the weapons in the game, several of which are exclusive to it, making it one of the most versatile weapons. Also, unlike most fully automatic weapons, it has clear and precise ironsights, making a sight modification largely optional.
- This is the most concealable primary weapon in the game so far at 29 if you mod it with short barrel, aftermarket special, straight grip, vintage mag, and the folding stock.
- Broadly speaking, the CAR-4 can be modified to either a stealth configuration to make the most of its potential for very high concealment, or a tactical configuration to make it more effective in combat while still allowing visibility to be fairly low. It should always be modified with Auto Fire, Aftermarket Special, Rubber Grip and Exotique as those are direct upgrades suited for either role.
- When modified with Short Barrel, Fire Breather, Vintage, and Folding Stock, it becomes an extremely concealable weapon that can still hold its own in combat, making it ideal for Plan B on a stealth heist.
- Modifying it with Long Barrel, Fire Breather, Tactical Mag, and Tactical Stock trades concealment for improved damage, accuracy and stability. This allows it to function as a primary weapon for heists where the crew goes in loud from the start, taking advantage of the CAR-4's high total ammo.
- Military Red Dot (Lootbag DLC)
- Holographic Sight
- The Professional's Choice
- See More Sight (Armored Transport DLC)
- Surgeon Sight
- Acough Optic
- Military Red Dot
- Milspec Scope
- The CAR-4 is based on the M4A1.
- It is one of the two weapons whose name derives from the AMCAR-4, the other being the AMCAR.
- The CAR-4 is frequently used by both law enforcers and teammate bots, with Short Barrel, Tactical Laser Module and Holographic Sight.
- As with the AMCAR, the weapon's textures read "Crosskill Tactical AR-15".
- There is a drum magazine for the CAR-4 in the game files based on the C-MAG. It is accessible by editing game files.
|Weapons in PAYDAY 2|
|Primary|| Assault Rifle: AMCAR • AK • CAR-4 • UAR • AK.762 • JP36 • M308 • AK5 • AMR-16 • Commando 553 • Eagle Heavy|
Light Machine Gun: RPK • KSP • Brenner 21
Shotgun: Reinfeld 880 • IZHMA 12G • Mosconi 12G
Saw: OVE9000 saw
|Secondary|| Pistol: Interceptor .45 • Chimano 88 • Crosskill • Bernetti 9 • Bronco .44 • STRYK 18c • Deagle • Gruber Kurz • Signature .40|
Submachine Gun: Mark 10 • Compact-5 • CMP • Para • Krinkov • Kobus 90 • Swedish K • SpecOps
Shotgun: Locomotive 12G
|Melee||Weapon Butt • Fists • 350K Brass Knuckles • URSA Knife • Krieger Blade • Berger Combat Knife • Trautman Knife|
|Deployable||Ammo bag • Doctor bag • ECM jammer • Sentry gun • Trip mine|
|Heists||Bank Heist • Big Oil • Diamond Store • Firestarter • Four Stores • Framing Frame • Jewelry Store • Mallcrasher • Nightclub • Rats • Ukrainian Job • Watchdogs|
|Escapes||Cafe • Garage • Street • Overpass • Park|
|Armor||Two-Piece Suit • Ballistic Vest • Lightweight Ballistic Vest • Heavy Ballistic Vest • Flak Jacket • Combined Tactical Vest • Improved Combined Tactical Vest|
|Skills||Mastermind • Enforcer • Technician • Ghost|
|Enemies|| Regular: Security Guard • Metropolitan Police • SWAT Team • FBI: Hostage Rescue Unit • FBI: Heavy Response Unit • Special Ops: Maximum Force Responder • GenSec Elite SWAT Team • Gangs|
|Characters|| Heisters: Chains • Dallas • Hoxton • Wolf|
|Gameplay||Assets • Cable Ties • Death Wish • Infamy • Pro Job • Reputation • Risk Level • Safe house • Safes • Offshore Account • Weapon stats • Weapons|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements • DLC • Masks • Materials • Patterns • Overkill Software • Update history|