|This article is a stub. You can help the Payday Wiki by expanding it.|
This is the list of all available Armors that players can equip at the start of a heist.
|Unlock||Unlocked by default|
| No movement penalty, no visibility.
This is the standard two-piece suit that any self-respecting criminal should wear.
It provides no extra protection but has the highest concealment factor, making it the best choice for a heist where you want to go undetected and blend into the crowd.
Suits are usually reserved for special occasions, such as weddings, funerals and bank robberies.
| Little movement penalty, low visibility.
The ballistic vest is a standard issue bullet-resistant soft vest that is worn on the torso. It offers good protection from small-caliber handgun and shotgun projectiles, making it essential for anyone in the line of fire.
Ballistic vests are used by police forces, security guards and bodyguards.
Lightweight Ballistic Vest
| Little movement penalty, low visibility.
The lightweight ballistic vest is easy to wear, concealable bullet proof vest. It offers a specially developed trauma liner which provides effective blunt trauma protection, making it a good choice to protect yourself.
Lightweight ballistic vests are used by dignitaries and VIP's, sky marshals as well as executive and diplomatic security professionals.
Heavy Ballistic Vest
| Small movement penalty, medium visibility.
The heavy ballistic vest is a hard-plate reinforced vest that is worn on the torso. It is a modern body armor combining a ballistic vests with shoulder and side protection armor components, making it a great protection of choice.
Heavy ballistic vests are worn by soldiers, police tactical units, and hostage rescue teams.
| Medium movement penalty, medium visibility.
The flak jacket by GenSec Security Industries is a modern take on the classic version. It absorbs the impact from firearm projectiles and shrapnel from explosions.
It combines a heavy ballistic vest with shoulder and side protection armor components, offering spine protection as well.
Flak jackets are worn by Marines, combat soldiers and GenSec FTSU task forces.
Combined Tactical Vest
| Medium movement penalty, high visibility.
The Combined Tactical Vest was developed due to the challenges of modern warfare. It is made of high performance ballistic materials and is designed to carry heavy loads, such as ammo pouches, radios and other accessories.
Combined tactical vests are worn by soldiers, special forces and other organized military units across the world.
Improved Combined Tactical Vest
|Unlock||Iron Man Aced|
| Large movement penalty, high visibility.
The Improved Combined Tactical Vest is a stolen experimental prototype made by GenSec Security Industries.
Based on White Mesa technology it uses both soft and hard armor solutions. The perfectly fitted interlocking fiber layers rightly woven together with metal plates are specially angled to deflect projectiles and shield from explosions. In short, it provides complete protection.
It is not for sale and is wanted by GenSec Security Industries.
Armor value is the amount of damage that can be sustained without draining health. Once armor is depleted, health will be drained instead. The armor value does not impact the regeneration speed of the armor (unless the Anarchist perk deck is used).
Armor can be increased through the skills Iron Man (+30%) and Die Hard Aced (+20 points, but only applies to three armors), and can be further boosted through the Armorer (+35%), Crew Chief (+10%), and Anarchist (+138) perk decks. Crook perk deck gives an armor increase (+65%) to ballistic vests, beating the Armorer should the player choose a ballistic vest.
|without Iron Man Basic||with Iron Man Basic|
|Armor||Basic||Crew Chief||Armorer||Crook||Anarchist||Basic||Crew Chief||Armorer||Crook||Anarchist|
|with Die Hard Aced|
*) Improved Combined Tactical Vest requires Iron Man Basic
Armor regeneration is the time frame it takes before one's depleted armor fully regenerates, though the speed at which this happens can be increased with skills and perk decks.
Certain perk decks increase or affect armor regeneration, though some only under certain conditions.
- Armorer - Improves the rate by +20%, and gives other players in the crew +10% regeneration rate. Does not stack with others who have this deck.
- Crook - Gives +10% regeneration rate.
- Hitman - Gives +45% regeneration rate and an additional ability to regenerate all armor exactly 1.5 seconds after being depleted fully, no matter the situation.
- Burglar - Gives +20% regeneration rate only when standing still or crouching.
- Yakuza - Increases regeneration rate the lower your health is, up to a rate of +60%.
- Ex-President - Killing enemies speeds up armor regeneration rate, the more armor one has the less speed gained per kill. Resets when armor recovers.
- Sicario - Dodging instantly replenishes all armor.
Concealment works similarly to weapon concealment - higher concealment reduces the player's detection risk, while lower concealment increases the player's detection risk, changing the starting point of AI's detection in stealth and increasing/decreasing the time it takes for them to be alerted.
Speed is the speed at which the player moves. A higher speed value increases the speed of walking, running and crouch-walking. Speed can be increased with Duck And Cover, Parkour, Partners In Crime aced, Inspire, and the Yakuza Perk Deck. The speed penalty of wearing armor can also be decreased through any Perk Deck as well as the Invigorator AI Boost.
Dodge is the probability a ranged hit will deal no damage. Melee attacks can also be evaded, though the knockback will still be applied. With negative dodge values one can never dodge a bullet. It's possible to boost negative armors into the positives with skills and perks.
Usually, the higher the armor's armor value is, the lower its dodge value is. All armor besides the Two-Piece Suit have a negative dodge value.
Unlike other values modified by skills, dodge is calculated additively. For example, Duck And Cover Aced grants a 10% increased dodge value when sprinting. Using the suit which has a dodge chance of 5%, add 10 to that, meaning the player has a 15% chance to dodge incoming fire when sprinting. The Rogue Perk Deck grants a 45% increased dodge value, so the player has 50% chance to dodge even while standing still (while using a suit). Sneaky Bastard adds an additional dodge value (up to 10%) based on the player's detection risk.
Other upgrades to dodge are the Crook Perk Deck (+40% dodge when wearing ballistic vests), Burglar Perk Deck (+20% dodge), Ex-President Perk Deck (+15% dodge), Sicario Perk Deck (+15% passively, increased through taking hits or its unique throwable), or Duck and Cover (+15% dodge when ziplining (although this is currently non-functional)).
Steadiness affects the amount of camera shake the player receives when damaged.
At 11 steadiness, players receive the default 100% camera shake. At 22 steadiness, camera shake is reduced to 50%, and at 44 steadiness, it is further reduced to 25%, and so on, according to the formula . 
- Credit for the armor stats goes to the original creators of the Steam Numbers Guide.
- Players can reach over 400 armor with clever use of perk decks. This is achieved by unlocking Enforcer skill Iron Man to wear the ICTV (170 base armor, plus 30% from the basic Iron Man skill), and then obtaining 5% bonus from a party member's Tier 7 or higher Crew Chief Perk Deck, and a significant boost from the completed Anarchist perk deck.
- The highest Dodge value that can be reached at all times is 60%, with the Two Piece Suit (+5%), the Rogue Perk Deck (+45%) and having the full effect of Sneaky Bastard (+10%). This value can be increased to 70% while sprinting (Duck and Cover Aced).
- The Two Piece Suit and Light Ballistic Vest are the only two armors that work with the Grinder Perk Deck.
- On the Crimewave Edition and PS3/360 versions of the game, every armor value is increased by 30 points. For instance, the Two Piece Suit has 50 armor, and the ICTV has 200. As such, armor increasing skills/perks are applied to these values rather than the ones listed on the table above.
- Since the Crimewave Edition does not (currently) contain the rebalanced Perk Deck system, the maximum amount of armor that can be reached is 340 (ICTV with 50% from Bulletproof + 20% from Armorer) and the maximum dodge while standing still is 50% (30% from Rogue + 10% from Sneaky Bastard).
These Armor patterns are unlocked by playing the Crime Spree mode.
| How Do You Like Me Now?|
Equip an armor for the first time.
| Man of Iron|
Equip the Improved Combined Tactical Vest.
| Army of One|
Equip the GL40 grenade launcher, the Locomotive shotgun and the Improved Combined Tactical Vest. Unlocks the CQB Foregrip and Plastic Stock for the Gecko 7.62 rifle.
| Tabula Rasa|
In the Hoxton Breakout job, complete the heist on OVERKILL difficulty or above with each crew member using no skills, wearing suits, wielding Golden AK.762 rifles and Chicago Typewriter submachine guns. Unlocks a new skill slot.
| The Turtle Always Wins|
In the Art Gallery job, complete the heist in stealth within 4 minutes with each crew member wearing the Improved Combined Tactical Vest and no Armor Kit deployable equipped. Unlocks the "Classic Stock" for the AK weapon family, "2 Piece Stock" for the AK and CAR weapon families, "Pachy" mask, "Fossil" material and "Prehistoric Predator" pattern.
| Cooking With Style|
Complete the Rats job with you and your four man crew having Combined Tactical Vests, Vulcan Miniguns, HRL-7 Rocket Launchers and General Overkill masks equipped on the OVERKILL difficulty or above.
| Boston Saints|
Complete the Big Oil job, with at least one other player, all using suits and Akimbo Bernetti 9 Pistols on the OVERKILL difficulty or above.
| Heisters of the Round Table|
Complete any heist on the OVERKILL difficulty or above with 4 players using only Gage Chivalry Pack masks, primary weapons, melee weapons and Ballistic Vests or heavier armors. Unlocks the "Agatha Knight Veteran" mask, "Blooded" material and "Agatha" pattern.
| Black Tie Event|
Complete the Birth of Sky job using only pistols and a Two Piece Suit on OVERKILL or above. You have to have been in the heist from start to receive this achievement.
| We Do It Live!|
Complete all days of the Framing Frame job on the OVERKILL difficulty or above with each crew member using no skills, wearing suits, wielding Platypus 70 sniper rifles and Judge shotguns.
From December 17th, 2015, to January 14th, 2016, awarded one Christmas safe and drill.
- Introduced in Update #11 was a particularly nasty bug that causes all non-Suit armor options to offer absolutely no protection (0-point armor rating). This was patched in less than a day in a subtle mini-update.
- The "Two Piece Suit" is in fact nothing more than the heister's unarmored outfit and therefore may not be a suit at all, most notably in the case of Jacket who wears a varsity letterman jacket and jeans when the Two Piece Suit is equipped.
- The Lightweight Ballistic Vest is unlocked after the regular Ballistic Vest, even though it provides less protection.
- The Lightweight Ballistic Vest is worn by The Commissar in the Hotline Miami heist.
- The Improved Combined Tactical Vest is worn by the the Informant in Hoxton Revenge if the heist goes loud. Armor similar to the Improved Combined Tactical Vest is worn by the Biker Boss in day 2 of The Biker Heist, with various biker decals and no forearm plates.
- The Improved Combined Tactical Vest is based on "White Mesa" technology. This is a reference to the video game series Half-Life, where the fictional Black Mesa corporation developed and uses the full-body, powered "HEV" Hazardous Environment Suit worn by the protagonist, Gordon Freeman.
- Although each individual armor description details different elements and materials in the components that comprise it, the visual depictions are simply given additional pieces of armor, starting from the vest itself, then the neck gorget, adding upper arm and leg armor, and finally forearm and lower leg protection (besides the lightweight ballistic vest).
- Despite supposedly offering "full protection", the Improved Combined Tactical Vest lacks any sort of groin protection, as does any other armor in the game. This is a serious design flaw, as this particular area of the body is heavily wired with nerve endings, vital blood vessels, and supporting muscles that can immediately cripple a person, or cause serious (if not fatal) bleeding if punctured by bullets.
- The armored forearm pieces of the Improved Combined Tactical Vest are not visible in first person view. Other players can see it, but your view model arms still only show ordinary suit sleeves.
- The Lightweight Ballistic Vest seems to be the armor piece of choice for the crew, as most of them are always seen wearing one in trailers. This lines up with their depictions in The Heist, where the characters are shown to wear the LBV almost exclusively.
- Despite being bulletproof in-game, flak jackets in real life will only protect users against minor explosive damage.