|This article is about the heist. For the DLC pack, see Armored Transport (DLC).|
Armored Transport is a one-day DLC heist in PAYDAY 2. It was released on November 14, 2013 for the PC version of the game and is available upon the purchase of the eponymous DLC. The PS3 version of the DLC was released on June 24, 2014, and the Xbox 360 version was released on October 30th, 2014.
As the heist opens into live combat, it is impossible to stealth one's way through it and thus, no stealth bonuses are available for it.
- "We've forced the Gensec trucks off the road at the corner of McCarty and James. Sure had those Time Out hipsters shitting into their latte macchitos. You're going to need to get into the trucks and then break open strongboxes inside. Whatever they're carrying, get it, and get out."
- —Bain's plan.
Contracted by Bain, this heist involves the crew attacking immobilized GenSec armored trucks for the loot contained within. The heist takes place in one of five different settings: Crossroads, Downtown, Harbor, Park and Underpass.
While locations may vary, the prime objective is fixed: the crew will have to open anywhere from one to four GenSec armored trucks and rob the deposit boxes of their contents. The truck doors can be drilled or blasted open, though using explosives destroys two of the rearmost boxes and their contents.
Occasionally, a Bulldozer maybe sitting inside one of the trucks and will engage the team once that truck is opened. The chances of this happening seems to increase with the heist's chosen difficulty.
Once a single pack of loot has been bagged, the escape vehicle will call in to notify the crew. Any remaining requisite loot must be bagged as well, and moved to the vehicle before the crew can leave.
- Drill or C4 into the immobilized trucks.
- Pick or saw open the safe boxes.
- Get the loot to the getaway vehicle.
Depending on the mission, there are between 1 and 4 armored transport trucks to be plundered. Their doors must first be opened, either by drilling or by using 4 Shaped Charges. Note that both side-doors will open alongside the rear ones, so trucks are open to fire (and access) from several sides while still providing cover.
Inside the trucks are nine deposit boxes along the left wall. Those must be individually either picked or sawed open. These boxes may hold either mission loot (money, jewelry or gold) or loose cash items.
As of Update #31, there is a 50% chance that one random deposit box will contain a secret document which, when picked up, will unlock the bonus Train heist, as the second day of this heist. It is advisable to ask the other players if they wish to play the that heist or not before picking up the blueprints, due to its length and difficulty.
Armored trucks may have a standard GenSec red shirt guard spawning when the doors are opened, but may also spawn a Bulldozer instead, if playing above Normal difficulty.
The escape vehicle will be sent once a pack of mission loot has been bagged, but the actual escape will only be available once the minimum number of requisite loot bags have been secured, depending on the chosen difficulty (2 on Normal, 3 on Hard, 4 on Very Hard, and 5 on Overkill):
In the Harbor scenario, if the heist happened in the street and not on the dock, it might be a good idea to move the bags towards the dock area while waiting for the arrival of the escape vehicle (bags can be thrown up from the street into the storage room overlooking the street, which is a decent defensive position closer to the docks).
The Crossroads is the most difficult version of all 5, with police attacking from basically all directions and a heavy sniper presence. It has the highest payout, though, and cash registers in the surrounding stores plus 5 ATM's in the street can provide additional income. It is possible for Bulldozers to show up even on normal difficulty which can make this map particularly dangerous for unaware and or under-prepared heisters and this increased difficulty is carried over to the train heist if the document is found and collected.
In all heists, helicopters can appear and drop off SWAT, MFRs, Bulldozers, HRUs or Tasers.
- "We're intercepting Gensec trucks about to unload at the docks."
- —Bain offering a Harbor contract.
- "It's a beautiful day for a little picnic at the park, and an armed robbery."
- —Bain offering a Park contract.
- "We've got an armored transport making an unscheduled stop downtown."
- —Bain offering a Downtown contract.
- "This underpass is a vulnerable spot for the convoy. Hit it hard."
- —Bain offering an Underpass contract.
- "We've got Gensec trucks moving to the suburbs. Go hit'em."
- —Bain offering a Crossroads contract.
- The number of armored trucks varies between 2 and 4 trucks.
- The baggable loot inside the trucks might either be Gold, Cash or Jewelry.
- The location of individual armored trucks vary between multiple positions.
- The players spawn on one of the four rooftops in the map.
- The escape vehicle is either a helicopter (from the roof of the building opposite from the starting point) or a van (at the starting point).
- The starting point might be on the street or on the harbor.
- The escape vehicle might be a boat appearing near the rightmost end of the dock or a van.
- The escape vehicle is a van parked at one of the multiple intersections near the park's perimeter.
- The escape van will be parked in one of the two nearby alleyways, one near the underpass's entrance and one past a service area adjacent to the tunnel itself.
| If You Liked It You Should Have Put a Ring on It
Finish any Armored Transport heist, Having Secured at Least 9 Bags of Gold.
| I Do What I Do Best, I Take Scores
While wearing the "Hockey Heat" mask, finish any Armored Transport heist 15 times on OVERKILL difficulty or above.
| But Wait - There's More!
On any Armored Transport heist, find the plans that unlocks the Train Heist.
| At a Crossroads
Complete the Transport: Crossroads job on the Death Wish difficulty.
| Downtown Madness
Complete the Transport: Downtown job on the Death Wish difficulty.
| Shipment and Handling
Complete the Transport: Harbor job on the Death Wish difficulty.
| A Walk in the Park
Complete the Transport: Park job on the Death Wish difficulty.
| It’s Always Foggy in Washington D.C.
Complete the Transport: Underpass job on the Death Wish difficulty.