|Unlock Level||No level requirement|
|Melee Type||Axe • Blunt|
|Unequip Delay||1.2 seconds|
|Attack Rate||1 second|| 50 hits per minute|
1,000 dmg per minute
|Attack Delay||0.2 seconds|
|Damage per Second||0||20||40||60||80|
|Internal name|| |
We come in peace!
To unlock this weapon, players had to create an account on the Alienware Alpha website to receive a code to enter on Steam.
There is a limited number of codes and the limit varies by region. In some regions, all codes have been claimed and this item can no longer be unlocked.
The Alpha Mauler is more-or-less a reskin of the Ding Dong Breaching Tool, they both perform similarly and uses the same animations. However, the Alpha Mauler is always available once unlocked, while the Ding Dong Breaching Tool has an unlock level of 48.
- Try using a two hit combo; first use a quick strike to knock an enemy down and weaken them, then charge up a followup hit whilst they're stunned.
- Players deal more damage per second with this weapon by attacking as quickly as possible, rather than fully charging attacks.
- If a player wishes for more damage, it is recommended that they get Berserker, Pumping Iron and Bloodthirst Aced from the Brawler skill tree.
- If a player wishes for more knockdown, use Martial Arts Aced.
- The Alpha Maulers stats first revealed on the announcement site show that the weapon was supposed to have 31 more damage and 96 more knockdown (both when charged) than what was released.
- This is the first limited-quantity weapon of PAYDAY 2 that has to be redeemed with a code, before being followed by The Pen in Spring 2017. While the Mauler's codes require an Alienware account and are strictly limited in quantity, the Pen's download keys are procedurally generated.
- Unlike its two companion masks which are exclusive to owners of the Alienware Alpha, the Alpha Mauler is available to all players who participated in the sweepstakes giveaway.
- The Alienware Alpha used to share the same sound effects as the Ding Dong breaching tool before Update #48.
- Hovering the mouse cursor over the stats on the announcement site will display a description encoded in binary which, when translated, means "We come in peace!"
- The Alpha Mauler makes an electronic noise when swung.