|Unlocked By||N/A (always available)|
The AMCAR-4 Carbine is a fully automatic assault weapon. Along with the B9-S, it is one of the two weapons with which players start the game. There are upgrades for it in all three of the original skill trees; damage with the Assault tree, accuracy with the Sharpshooter tree, and magazine capacity with the Support tree.
The AMCAR-4 boasts good accuracy and stopping power. It can be used most effectively at close to medium range, but it can still engage targets effectively well outside a shotgun's range. Long-distance targets can be hit more easily by firing in single shots.
Although powerful when used correctly, the AMCAR-4 exhausts ammunition very quickly. This is especially important to remember on harder difficulty levels, where the enemies are tougher and more numerous. Manual two-shot bursts, and single shots are recommended to improve accuracy and help conserve ammunition.
Fully upgraded, the AMCAR-4 is capable of killing Heavy SWAT with two headshots. Lightly armored units will usually take two body shots to kill. It can kill Tasers and Cloakers in a little over four headshots.
|Damage increase I||Assault 1|
|Accuracy I||Sharpshooter 1|
|Mag increase I (25 rounds)||Support 3|
|Accuracy II (nozzle upgrade)||Sharpshooter 5|
|Accuracy III||Sharpshooter 12|
|Mag increase II (30 rounds)||Support 12|
|Damage increase II||Assault 15|
|Accuracy IV (reflex sight)||Sharpshooter 16|
- The AMCAR-4 is based on the M4A1. The name "AMCAR-4" is possibly a double reference to both "M4A1" and "CAR-15", the predecessor to the M4A1. Its in-game name, however, suggests that it was also based on the M4 Carbine (the AMCAR-4 is considered a carbine on the loadout screen).
- The AMCAR-4's upgrades are a CAR-15 muzzle brake and EOTech 551/552.
- The weapon's model always has the fire-selector in the "safe" position. It's unknown why the AMCAR-4 is on safety, but it still fires.
- The AMCAR-4 is erronerously classified as a semi-automatic weapon on the loadout screen.
- The upgrade tree images and other medias all shows the AMCAR-4 with a different gas block and front sight (fixed M16-style front sight and gas block) than the in-game weapon (gas block with integrated folding sight). The attached sling mount seen in the same image is also absent from the in-game rifle.
- The AMCAR-4 sees a return in PAYDAY 2 in the form of the AMCAR rifle. Unlike this version, the AMCAR's performance is sub-par at most. A better reflection of the AMCAR-4's efficiency and versatility can be seen in the CAR-4, another sub-derivative of itself.
- Even with the reflex sight, when the player puts the AMCAR-4 away, he will grab onto the sight as if the rifle still has a carrying handle attached.
- Interestingly, the AMCAR-4 is the Sniper's weapon. This is because Overkill haven't made a distinct sniper model for it and simply chose the AMCAR-4 as the sniper's weapon.
|PAYDAY: The Heist|
|Heists|| First World Bank • Heat Street • Panic Room • Green Bridge • Diamond Heist • Slaughterhouse|
Counterfeit • Undercover • No Mercy
|Weapons|| Primary: AMCAR-4 • Reinbeck • M308 • Brenner 21 • AK|
Secondary: Mark 11 • Locomotive 12G • Compact-5 • GL40
Pistols: B9-S • Crosskill .45 • Bronco .44 • STRYK
|Deployables||Ammo bag • Doctor bag • Trip mine • Sentry gun|
|Enemies|| Regular: Security guard • Cop • FBI • Gangster • Blue SWAT • Sniper • Heavy SWAT • Murkywater|
|Characters||Dallas • Hoxton • Wolf • Chains • Bain • Minor characters|
|Walkthroughs|| First World Bank • Heat Street • Panic Room • Green Bridge • Diamond Heist • Slaughterhouse|
Counterfeit • Undercover • No Mercy
|Gameplay||Cable Ties • Drills • Overkill 145+ • Reputation • Shout • Upgrades • Police Custody|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements • Challenges • Companies • DLC • Masks • Options • Overkill Software • Timeline • Update history|