|Rate of fire||High|
- "7.62mm automatic. Medium recoil. Stick it to the man with the premiere choice amongst entrepreneurs and thugs alike. Simple design, high reliability, low cost, and so popular it is part of a national flag – the AK was built to heist."
- —In-game description.
The AK is a fully automatic assault rifle that is made available in the Wolf Pack DLC.
The AK is similar in performance to the AMCAR-4, with the initial magazine capacity being the same, and with comparable damage per shot. The AK, however, has a higher rate of fire and can be upgraded for more damage, at the cost of higher recoil. The weapon excels at both close and medium range, with the ability to take down a Heavy SWAT in four shots to the body without damage upgrades, three shots at damage increase III, and two at damage increase IV.
The AK is an effective anti-special unit weapon, especially at close range. Its high damage output can break a Bulldozer's visor in a matter of seconds when close enough, and can kill a Taser with the bursts fired off when the wielder is being electrocuted.
The weapon does have some distinct drawbacks, however. With the AK's high rate of fire comes severe recoil, which can make hitting targets at long range challenging. Firing in short bursts at targets at medium range can help your effectiveness with the weapon, as fully automatic fire will drag your crosshair away from your targets. Also, the AK suffers from an especially slow reload speed when empty.
|Recoil dampener I||12|
|Damage increase I||15|
|Accuracy I (reflex sight)||18|
|Recoil dampener II||22|
|Mag increase I (30 rounds)||27|
|Damage increase II||30|
|Mag increase II (35 rounds)||32|
|Damage increase III||37|
|Recoil dampener III (lightweight frame)||41|
|Damage increase IV||44|
|Recoil dampener IV||48|
- The AK is based on the AKM and features parts from several different models and derivatives of itself. Most notably it has the magazine of a 5.56mm Type 84 and muzzle brake of the 5.45mm AK-74. The upgrades for the AK includes a PK-04 reflex sight and a lightweight body which includes a polymer handguard and skeletal stock.
- It is strange how the lightweight frame of the AK would reduce the amount of recoil per shot when it makes the weapon lighter and harder to weigh down.
- The dry reload is different from the mid-magazine reload, being significantly longer and more complex: the player character grips the AK by its handguard, flicks out and replaces the old magazine with a fresh one then pull on the charging handle, with quite a bit of needless juggling in between.
- Despite the player not hitting the release paddle during the reload, the old magazine still flies out.
|PAYDAY: The Heist|
|Heists|| First World Bank • Heat Street • Panic Room • Green Bridge • Diamond Heist • Slaughterhouse|
Counterfeit • Undercover • No Mercy
|Weapons|| Primary: AMCAR-4 • Reinbeck • M308 • Brenner 21 • AK|
Secondary: Mark 11 • Locomotive 12G • Compact-5 • GL40
Pistols: B9-S • Crosskill .45 • Bronco .44 • STRYK
|Deployables||Ammo bag • Doctor bag • Trip mine • Sentry gun|
|Enemies|| Regular: Security guard • Cop • FBI • Gangster • Blue SWAT • Sniper • Heavy SWAT • Murkywater|
|Characters||Dallas • Hoxton • Wolf • Chains • Bain • Minor characters|
|Walkthroughs|| First World Bank • Heat Street • Panic Room • Green Bridge • Diamond Heist • Slaughterhouse|
Counterfeit • Undercover • No Mercy
|Gameplay||Cable Ties • Drills • Overkill 145+ • Reputation • Shout • Upgrades • Police Custody|
|Miscellaneous||Achievements • Challenges • Companies • DLC • Masks • Options • Overkill Software • Timeline • Update history|